Sign in to follow this  
asphaltrock

Orbx FTX South Alaska Problems

Hi guys, i seem to have a problem with the region, so I'll post it here

As you can see in the Pic below, part of the runway is covered by terrain. How do i resolve this?

Thanks!

JBXEnaE.jpg

You're going to have to change something.

Sorry, not much of an answer but it's all I can come up with given the lack of info in the original post. It would really, really help if you included the simulator being used, other scenery (Orbx or others), mesh used, airport name, etc.

And press Shift -Z before taking a picture so the longitude and latitude show in the upper left corner.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

The simulator used here is FSX:SE. The airport in question here is CZFA, although i have seen this happening in CYXY also. I only have orbx southern alaska activated here, nothing else used. I can't seen to figure out the problem. If someone could help me, that'd be great. Thanks!

Only the usual things I try:

1. Run ORBX library, check the sim. If still no go.....

2. Go to the Vector tab in Orbx Central and do that Airport Elevation process. check the sim. If still no go.....

3. Move the airport up or down in the Scenery library

4. (last resort) reinstall the airport

;

;

;

100. Shoot the PC

Hope this helps, I had a similar problem with PAKT

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

This is in P3D v3.4.9, FreeMehsX, Orbx OpenLC NA, but I don't have Orbx Southern Alaska.

I took a look at CZFA and for me the lakes and rivers are way above ground elevation. I disabled FreeMeshX North America and things then looked normal. No more elevation problems.

Both P3D and current airport charts agree on an elevation of 2,352ft. My guess is bad source data led to a bad terrain mesh which wasn't noticed in Orbx Southern Alaska. Try their forums to see if this has already been sorted out or added to an upcoming update.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe