Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

---- User Manual ----

Thank you Keven and FSFX team. I was frustrated with issues I was having with my current camera view app, when I remembered seeing something a while back about what FSFX was doing with a new sim camera program. I found your Alpha offer and immediately went for it. It's only been one day, but I am not disappointed in my decision. My initial thoughts are the ease of installation and navigating around the interface; in spite of not having a true manual or tutorials. I had some basic views set up very quickly and went flying. There are a couple things that I am still trying to figure out, and I might have some more input in the coming days. But for now, thanks again for a promising product.

Paul Levenda

• Upvote 1

<p>Hi Kevin,<br />

In Camera, what are the units?<br />

Rotations is clearly degrees. How about lateral movements.</p>

<p>- What is the unit (feet/meters) - seems to be meters?</p>

<p>- What is the Origo<br />

It seems not to be the same for On-board and Outside?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks in advance</p>

<p> </p>

<p>/Stephen</p>

Hi Stephen,

I added a section called "Moving or setting camera position" in the Manual.

Thank you for your questions!

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi everyone,

I purchased the alpha ChasePlane and can't believe I've never used something like this before.  Makes simming much more fun.  In either case, I have some questions for the group.

1.  Do I need to remove all previous key and joystick view bindings from FSX and FSUIPC?  The reason I ask is because when I display the ChasePlane UI within FSX with the center mouse button, the views snap all over the place if I move the mouse.

2.  What are most of you assigning to the HAT switch on your joysticks?  I tried using some of the presets I created, but I need to redo some to make it work better for me.

3.  Are there any presets available for download?

Thanks,

George

Hi everyone,

I purchased the alpha ChasePlane and can't believe I've never used something like this before.  Makes simming much more fun.  In either case, I have some questions for the group.

1.  Do I need to remove all previous key and joystick view bindings from FSX and FSUIPC?  The reason I ask is because when I display the ChasePlane UI within FSX with the center mouse button, the views snap all over the place if I move the mouse.

2.  What are most of you assigning to the HAT switch on your joysticks?  I tried using some of the presets I created, but I need to redo some to make it work better for me.

3.  Are there any presets available for download?

Thanks,

George

1. You have to remove any conflicting assignments in the sim and FSUIPC. Otherwise you might see unextected behaviors
  2. Usually, HAT switches are used to pan the camera around (my opinion)
  3. Not yet, that feature will be coming soon but in the meantime, you can import EzDok profiles you might have (or online)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1. You have to remove any conflicting assignments in the sim and FSUIPC. Otherwise you might see unextected behaviors
  2. Usually, HAT switches are used to pan the camera around (my opinion)
  3. Not yet, that feature will be coming soon but in the meantime, you can import EzDok profiles you might have (or online)

Thanks.

Sometimes when in camera selection, I have a green dot next to camera.  What does that mean?

Gnacino

Keven:

Thanks for the manual, very useful.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi

First: Thanks a lot Keven for the great Tool! Its fantastic

My question:

How can i use the Hat Switch from my Controller in Chase Plane for the panoramic view?

Greetings from Germany

Thimo

Hi

First: Thanks a lot Keven for the great Tool! Its fantastic

My question:

How can i use the Hat Switch from my Controller in Chase Plane for the panoramic view?

Greetings from Germany

Thimo

Thank you for the kind words!

What do you mean by panoramic view?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi there,

I'm not a user yet but I'm highly interested in buying Chaseplane. But still I have one question left. Will the camera in the VC be fixed to the bank angle of the aircraft or will there be an option that the camera banks a little less than the aircraft? I would find this a very cool option. Thanks in advance!

Greets

Daniel

Great product so can't wait for the whole thing!

One piece of feedback, I'm setting my preference to YES for Chase Plane to load automatically when I open FSX SE but this reverts back to NO every time the app is closed and therefore needs resetting manually each time.

Great product so can't wait for the whole thing!

One piece of feedback, I'm setting my preference to YES for Chase Plane to load automatically when I open FSX SE but this reverts back to NO every time the app is closed and therefore needs resetting manually each time.

We are aware of this issue, it will be fixed soon

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42