Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

---- User Manual ----

On 4/16/2018 at 9:39 AM, gaab said:

A big thank you ;)

We're also planning on adding controls assignments to navigate the Selector so you won't have to use a mouse

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi,

May i please for advise? I want use only walk around feature without changing camera definition for VC - I like default camera.
Is any way to do this with Chase?

Regards
Grzegorz

11 hours ago, grzegorz said:

May i please for advise? I want use only walk around feature without changing camera definition for VC - I like default camera.
Is any way to do this with Chase?

ChasePlane operates with its own cameras and cannot be used with other camera definitions. If the name of the camera bothers you, you can rename it to your liking in the cfg file.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

How do I pan around the cockpit? How do I set my capt.s views. I lost those but, the first officers views are as they were before. I see in the users manual telling me what the program does but I see nothing about

how to program my buttons and make it work. I only bought the program for the shaking affects but I fear my sim P3D v4.2 has been high jacked. If I uninstall the program will I get my original views back?

Thanks Mike

Hi Keven, first of all I love Chase Plane, it is an amazing software. I was a long term EZdok user and for me there is no way back!! But there is a feature in EZdok that i loved and I don't know if it is possible to do with Chase Plane. In EZdok you can use your pan switch in the same way then in Chase Plane, but you can also assign a button with wich you can assign all the pan switch buttons again. So you have double assignment possibilities for the pan switch if you move your pan switch keeping the button pressed or if you move your pan switch without pressing that button. I found that feature very useful because moving around with the pan switch can be very slow, so if I wanted to look to my right quickly I just pressed that button and the pan switch to the right to get that view inmediatley. Is there any chanc to do that with Chase Plane?

Greetings

Michael Muller

Hi Keven

First, thanks for a utility that I've had since day one and gave me none of the problems I had with previous products, it's great! I have two questions relating to the HDR options:

1. Is enabling HDR in the sim necessary to use the HDR options in Chaseplane and

2. I take it that any HDR settings in Chaseplane only affect views in Chaseplane, and will not apply to other (default or aircraft-based) views?

Thanks

Keith

Hello Keven, how are you?

Good night ! I'm sorry for my English.

I have a big question and I would like it if possible help me

I have CHASE PLANE and I really enjoy flying the 737 PMDG.

and I really enjoy using the 2D panel of 737 pmdg, but after installing CHASE PLANE, I can not get the 2D panel anymore !!

When I click to open panel 2d, the chase plane enters the "custom view" mode !! the same happens when I select a keyboard shortcut key and joystick

How do I use 2D along with chase plane presets?

thank you

greetings

Gabriel

I just bought ChasePlane and PrecipitFX last night and I am fumbling through the settings. I cannot figure out how to get sound while in the Outside Chase Plane view. I even zoomed right up to the aircraft and still not a peep.  Scratch that. Somehow it started working. I avoided the outside views for a while because of the sound issues and then I went into one of my outside custom views and the sound was back. Very odd. I did not even restart P3D.

One other suggestion regarding something that struck me hard right off the bat was that we are unable to bind multiple joystick buttons to a single function like I can do in P3D. I use three controllers, an X52 Pro Throttle & Joystick, MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick, and a Saitek P2600 Gamepad. I have a couple buttons on the X52 Pro setup to cycle between cameras and also a hat switch to look around, but I also have a bunch of camera bindings on my gamepad, a couple of which duplicate the functions on the joystick. When I'm in stable GPS/FMC controlled flight I grab the gamepad and check out the views, but when I am hand flying as in a landing I need a couple of those buttons and the hat switch on the joystick to be able to look around. Fortunately, ChasePlane has the ability to bind keys, buttons, AND axes to the same function, so I was able to replicate the hat switch by using my usual joystick on the gamepad to bind to the same ability to look up/down left/right.  I really need to be able to bind multiple joystick buttons from different joysticks to the same function. I am also building a custom USB controller, which may have some duplicate bindings on it as well.  Please!!  I've grown so used to flying like this and I hate to give it up for ChasePlane.

Thanks.  I love the smooth transitions between cameras.

Edited by ArJunaBug

13 hours ago, ArJunaBug said:

One other suggestion regarding something that struck me hard right off the bat was that we are unable to bind multiple joystick buttons to a single function like I can do in P3D. I use three controllers, an X52 Pro Throttle & Joystick, MS Sidewinder Pro Joystick, and a Saitek P2600 Gamepad. I have a couple buttons on the X52 Pro setup to cycle between cameras and also a hat switch to look around, but I also have a bunch of camera bindings on my gamepad, a couple of which duplicate the functions on the joystick. When I'm in stable GPS/FMC controlled flight I grab the gamepad and check out the views, but when I am hand flying as in a landing I need a couple of those buttons and the hat switch on the joystick to be able to look around. Fortunately, ChasePlane has the ability to bind keys, buttons, AND axes to the same function, so I was able to replicate the hat switch by using my usual joystick on the gamepad to bind to the same ability to look up/down left/right.  I really need to be able to bind multiple joystick buttons from different joysticks to the same function. I am also building a custom USB controller, which may have some duplicate bindings on it as well.  Please!!  I've grown so used to flying like this and I hate to give it up for ChasePlane.

This will be added later. Right now the only way to do that is to go through vJoy and merge all those controls into 1 virtual joystick.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

hey

i'm trying to find how to set the hat pov pan view speed in other terms how fast i can pan with my hat button on my joystick ... any hints?

Camera > Advanced

You can set those per-preset.

Right-click on the slider knob to copy it to other presets or set as default

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

A simple question.

Its possible to change from one camera to another one by typing a key specific for every camera or is necessary to do it with the interface?

Thanks in advance,

Francisco Mateos 

Right-click on a preset or hold CTRL to assign a control assignment.... Even cooler, you can use Named Assignments

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Cool software, I would recommend it for everyone. As someone wrote before me - it's a game changer... 🙂

What I miss, are some ''case stuides''. E.g.: I spent two evenings configuring views and transitions and trying all options available, and I'm still not done. Proccess would be much faster if there would be some guides how to setup CP from scratch to finished setup. Those guides, which already exists cover well, what particular option means, but there are no advices what values to set up (e.g.: which are best transitions times between views, etc..)  I know there a lot of things which are dependent on personal feeling and taste, but probably there are some common guidlines...

Second question: Enable data server option means, that configuration is stored localy or something else? And one more question: Does CP has some local cache of configuration in case there is no internet access? E.g.: in case modem dies, in our country, we sometime have to wait a day or two for ISP technician to replace the modem..

Miran Bunderla