Sign in to follow this  
Michael VN

[Workaround] TrackIR + ChasePlane (VJoy + FreePIE)

I haven't tried Trackhat Opentrack, I cannot confirm if it works or not.

Maybe someone in the community can confirm it.

I might just give it a go anyway... if it works then great, if not then what the hell, all I've lost is the time it takes!

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried enabling the "Head Tracking" mode when assigning axis as said in the first post?

Head tracking mode? Where do I find that? I didnt see that option in ChasePlane

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I've got it working okay but it seems to have a strange effect on other camera presets. When I pause TrackIR to switch between cameras, they all seem to be at odd angles (i.e. looking up or down, with external cameras not pointing at the aircraft as they had been saved). Even if I update and save the external camera presets looking directly at the aircraft, when I reopen P3D, the same problem happens again (the camera views are at odd angles). Does anyone know what could be causing this?

HI all,

Thanks for all the info. I bought chase plane today and have been trying to get the trackir working properly as per this forum. I find it hard to get all the axis assignments done. How many do we need to do before the trackir comes smooth like it did with the other program Ezdok. I have done left/right/up/down. At the moment all it does is move left to right but doesn't have the freedom to move to look out the window etc, it basically just moves the camera left to right of the cockpit screen. Any ideas? I hope I have explained this well enough. If not I'll do a utube of it.

HI all,

Thanks for all the info. I bought chase plane today and have been trying to get the trackir working properly as per this forum. I find it hard to get all the axis assignments done. How many do we need to do before the trackir comes smooth like it did with the other program Ezdok. I have done left/right/up/down. At the moment all it does is move left to right but doesn't have the freedom to move to look out the window etc, it basically just moves the camera left to right of the cockpit screen. Any ideas? I hope I have explained this well enough. If not I'll do a utube of it.

have you checked the head tacking checkbox?

have you checked the head tacking checkbox?

Hi yes I have. Do we have to calibrate every axis buton as they seeem to conflict with each other. Also does it have a return to centre button when we put the trackir down like previously. I understand we are still alpha.

• Upvote 1

Yes in the keybinding window you will see this checkbox if you move an axis.

Can I bind Joystick buttons instead of keys? If so how many Joysticks can ChasePlane see? In EZDOK I use all 3 joysticks with their respective buttons.

Dirk.

Hello, thanks for this great product, i was affraid at the beginning that i couldn't use TrackIR but it works great now. (Bye EZDOK, uninstall)
Here what axis i use for each control and it is very smooth:

Forward/Backward : Joy-RAZ
Move Left/Move Right : Joy-RAX
Move up/Move Down : Joy-RAY
Tilt Up/ Tilt Down : Joy-AY
Pan Left/Pan Right : Joy-AX
Roll Left/Roll Right : Joy-AZ
Zoom In/Zoom Out : no need

Hi,

unfortunately this is not working for me. I installed everything and setup the axis. To this point all works find.

When I run P3D and have TIR + CP active the camera just freaks out. It looks to me like P3D is fighting CP. My guess is that TIR hooks into P3D and ignores vJoy/FreePIE/CP...

The camera shaking stops when I either pause TIR or pause CP. Both active and the trouble starts again.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Cheers

Andreas

Same for me, I removed the two downloads and staying with disabling one or the other as needed until it is natively compatible.

Aaron Tirrell

It could be the fact that TrackIR is passing his value to FreePIE that is passing the value to vJoy that is passing the value to ChasePlane. With the integration of TrackIR directly into ChasePlane it will be faster.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, almost more like a lag rather than an outright stutter. As you said, too many bottlenecks right now. Otherwise, it works fine.

NAX669.png

Hi,

unfortunately this is not working for me. I installed everything and setup the axis. To this point all works find.

When I run P3D and have TIR + CP active the camera just freaks out. It looks to me like P3D is fighting CP. My guess is that TIR hooks into P3D and ignores vJoy/FreePIE/CP...

The camera shaking stops when I either pause TIR or pause CP. Both active and the trouble starts again.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Cheers

Andreas

To be sure it is working i start the soft in a certain order:

1 - start TIR

2 - start FreePie and activate the script

3 - on TIR you should see as Title FreeSpace2

4 - Start CP (i don't use the auto-launch)

5 - run P3D

Does anyone have a way to remove the limitations on rotation with TrackIR and this solution? I cant rotate my view 180 all the way in most aircraft. I can only look back about 100 degrees or so. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

This works well using jimfr78's method of launching the various packages.

I am having an issue with the Majestic Dash8 as the TrackIR axis is always being picked up by the Majestic control interface and therefore it's moving the flight controls as well. I don't have this issue with any other aircraft so I don't believe it's a problem with my setup. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm running the latest version of the Pro.