Sign in to follow this  
historian

Why the need for an active internet connection

7 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

the  dev  himself  he  is  working  on a offline  mode. 

O really well for once you said something worth reading.

O and the reply I gave you got 4 like within a very short time, so perhaps you can learn from that? 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Having problems to reach the server here and Internet connection it is fine, no problems with firewall too.

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

O really well for once you said something worth reading.

O and the reply I gave you got 3 like within a very short time, so perhaps you can learn from that? 

What  has the likes  got  to with it  means  nothing  really  to me, means that you got more fans  than i have:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No wrong again.

It means you should not tell people how to spend there free time no more than me telling you what to do with your time, its your life and you can spend your time doing what you want to do. 

It also  has nothing to do with "fans". 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I get the point of having a connection to the website for downloading presets and such, but forcing the software to require an internet connection just to use the camera module?! That's insane. And if you do make software like that, you better be sure to have a fallback server in case your primary does down - which seems to have happened now since we can't even access the main website. 

It's not like this is a cheap addon either...

• Upvote 2

Well ever  thought  why the  servers  went  down  maybe  there  is  a fix   coming  for  offline  mode?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have to agree that an offline mode is essential, just in case of internet problems at either end. We must also remind ourselves that this is Alpha software and bought with that limitation known.

• Upvote 2

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

Well ever  thought  why the  servers  went  down  maybe  there  is  a fix   coming  for  offline  mode?

That makes no sense... So, because they are working on an offline mode, the servers are down; prior to releasing the offline mode - and not notifying anyone? 

Just now, LN-KMM said:

That makes no sense... So, because they are working on an offline mode, the servers are down; prior to releasing the offline mode - and not notifying anyone? 

Just  a thought  obviously   you  got  other  ideas 

Peter kelberg

I can understand why they've done this, it's clearly to reduce the risk of piracy.  If people didn't pirate software then it would probably be cheaper and not require the sort of security features it does, heck we might not even require serial numbers anymore.  The reality of course is that's not the case, so the easiest way is to validate each version via an internet server and not allow it to function any other way.

The problem is though, that most of us currently have an "available internet connection", it's just the service is down that supports the code.  If you want to run software in this way really you need an SLA to be in place, or a means to click a button to revert to 'default' in the even of failure and perhaps a dialogue to say "ChasePlane is disabled due to lack of validation" and let it handle the configuration in the sim.

Just my thoughts...

Craig Read, EGLL

I was JUST going to buy this half an hour ago.  But I thought I'd come here and see how it was going.  Good thing I still have EXDOK and did NOT buy CP.

Dear FSFX, I will NOT be spending a dime on your software if it needs a constant Internet connection.  NEVER.  E.V.E.R.  

I read the other thread and am still reading it about all the problems people are having today.  Like others have said, if HiFi can do it you can too.

Unless and until you can make it work offline you will have lost me as a customer.  And I trusted Froogle's review where he said he was going permanently with CP over EZDOK.  

Jack Sawyer

43 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Dear FSFX, I will NOT be spending a dime on your software if it needs a constant Internet connection.  NEVER.  E.V.E.R.  

It doesn't need a constant connection...just a connection at start up.  Still, for me and my flaky internet, I won't get it until the offline mode is in. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi,

I have the same concern when buying this product too, but thinking outside of the box, if I don't have internet connection, I can not run AS16 with real weather so I would not fly anyway.

Lucky I haven't got any problems with it connecting to the Internet.

Cheers

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Wow.. what a good thing I happened to see this post... I can understand needing internet to ACTIVATE,  but needing it every single time? I definitely will NOT be buying this product now that I know this...