Sign in to follow this  
historian

Why the need for an active internet connection

I just posted this without seeing this sticky. I've had too much time from forums and I'm a tad rusty I guess.

In any event, I will paste my feedback here so my $.02 is where it should be for user input record purposes, but was happy to read someone say on page 1 or 2 that an offline mode is being worked on (so no need to reply).

Thanks!

Dan

Hello,

I recently got back into simming and saw the chaseplane product while installing the other FSFX products I happily own. I enjoy it for the most part, but I'm hoping one change can be implemented as soon as possible. The need for internet. I understand it's needed for saving profiles, install validation and such, but it seriously needs an offline mode for users who have already validated. I bought it, installed it, and was getting acquainted with it and boom, hurricane Irma came and other than no water and power for 11 days, no internet for nearly a month (Naples, FL, we were the welcoming committee for her). Needless to say I very much hated chaseplane these passed few weeks for this and wanted to request an offline mode and not "No internet = app close". Luckily I hadn't uninstalled EZCA so no 2 weeks of tweaking to get back in the air. Being put out of work over irma for 2 weeks and not being able to sim with chaseplane, sucked.

Just my zero two on that, in hopes to get us an offline mode.

Well, that's all I got. I'm off to Active sky to say the same since why it needs the internet to do all the other modes that aren't live weather is beyond me ;)

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks, Keven. Please feel free to delete my topic.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Ditto.

I am in the Caribbean island of Dominica which was devasted by hurricane Maria.  We have no utility provided electricity at home since the pole route was severely damaged.  This means also that we have no internet since all of the ISPs use overhead cables (and there is no pole route).  While I have a generator at home and can fire up p3d, the internet required access prevents me from using chaseplane.  I find it rather frustrating to trying to fly without chaseplane and have not been able to take off since Sep 18!!  There NEEDS to be an offline mode for chaesplane for users who have already validated their accounts.  Whatever presets are cached on your machine would be usable until you can sync at a later time.

Back to my situation.  I have no idea how long it'll take for the utility company to get to my area .... However I know that it isn't a priority ATM.  Yesterday I got internet connected at work...But it isn't practical to carry my rig down to the office just to run a flight.

So Kevin.....Please listen to your customers.   Implement an offline mode asap..  

Regards,

Hilkiah@yahoo.com

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

If anybody following this thread hasn't heard yet, Keven confirmed the 'offline' mode will be added during November - all being well - when Beta 0.4.x is released. You'll also get lots more improvements and a very nicely implemented replay feature.

I very much enjoyed the presentation at RAF Cosford yesterday (when this thread was mentioned). ChasePlane is exceeding my expectations with every update.

Regards,

Martyn

Ok thats great Martyn.....will have to monitor this thread at work and then bring my rig to the office to be updated once offline is available.

Hilkiah

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

I bought Chaseplane two days ago. And now, I am not able to play with P3D, in case of the fact, that Chaseplane waits for an internetconnection, but the website is down and so Chaseplane quits running. And as this is not ager enough, I can not operate the views in the virtual cockpit. Chaseplane must have written something into P3D. I can not operate the views with the cooliehead and P3d shows me in the settings, that there is a setting called "On Board (Chaseplane) view 00". Inner this view, the virtual Cokpit view, the cooliehead waits obviously for chaseplaneorders and the cooliehead does not operate the views. I am not able to look around and operate the knobs, buttons and levers.
I am very angry about those malefunctions, based on the circumstances, that Chasplane has problems with the server or something like that and that they are not able to solve those problems, cause it happend more than once, as I could read here and in other flightsimcommunities.
It seems to me, that the owner of Chaseplane will help, to get EZDok in a better saleposition (soory for the cutting irony). And if they will not solve this problem soon, I will have my money back, cause they do not fulfil the contract. And I am not willing to pay for a product, which does not do, what it should do.

Robert Hammer

12 minutes ago, flightsimuser1962 said:

I bought Chaseplane two days ago. And now, I am not able to play with P3D, in case of the fact, that Chaseplane waits for an internetconnection, but the website is down and so Chaseplane quits running. And as this is not ager enough, I can not operate the views in the virtual cockpit. Chaseplane must have written something into P3D. I can not operate the views with the cooliehead and P3d shows me in the settings, that there is a setting called "On Board (Chaseplane) view 00". Inner this view, the virtual Cokpit view, the cooliehead waits obviously for chaseplaneorders and the cooliehead does not operate the views. I am not able to look around and operate the knobs, buttons and levers.
I am very angry about those malefunctions, based on the circumstances, that Chasplane has problems with the server or something like that and that they are not able to solve those problems, cause it happend more than once, as I could read here and in other flightsimcommunities.
It seems to me, that the owner of Chaseplane will help, to get EZDok in a better saleposition (soory for the cutting irony). And if they will not solve this problem soon, I will have my money back, cause they do not fulfil the contract. And I am not willing to pay for a product, which does not do, what it should do.

good luck  with getting  your  money  back,  and it  was  well known  to users  that  bought  chase  plane it  required  a  internet  connection

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

good luck  with getting  your  money  back,  and it  was  well known  to users  that  bought  chase  plane it  required  a  internet  connection

I agree, BUT...

FAILUTE TO PROVIDE SERVICE IS AN EVEN STRONGER REASON TO REQUEST REFUND...

Kalimera.

Dimitrios Dogos

Other products need Internetconnections, too. But in all the years, I am running the flightsimulator, it never happened, that a software quit the work in case of a website, which was down. So it is not normal and not usual, even to block a part of the  software (P3D V4)  in case of the fact, that they are not able to make a website work properly.

Robert Hammer

4 minutes ago, dimgdogos said:

I agree, BUT...

FAILUTE TO PROVIDE SERVICE IS AN EVEN STRONGER REASON TO REQUEST REFUND...

Kalimera.

where  does  it  state  that

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Seems to me, that you are a friend of Chaseplanedevelopers. I am an owner of a company myself. And if my customers would have problems in case of failures in my company or my work I do for them, I refund them the paid money, without a question. That helped me since 30 years, to have good and satisfied customers. 

Robert Hammer

11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

where  does  it  state  that

I  bought a product that requires Internet to operate, this is the service i said in the post above. If they can't provide this service i have the right to request refund if i want to.

Dimitrios Dogos

That is correct, dimgdogos. They must provide this connection to the registrationserver, if the software can only operate with it. And if they do not provide it, then it is an infringement, in my opinion. So it should give a refund, if customers wish. This is  good style and not to leave the customers alone with the problems. It was not the first time, the internetconnection did not work, other fellows told me today in other communities.
It should be enough, to test once a month, if the registration is still valid. And it should be enough, to update a software once a month. Or they could offer updates on the website. So why should there be a non interrupted internetconnection, eacht time, the software is starting?

Robert Hammer

30 minutes ago, dimgdogos said:

I  bought a product that requires Internet to operate, this is the service i said in the post above. If they can't provide this service i have the right to request refund if i want to.

than  request  a refund  than

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

than  request  a refund  than

The fact that one cannot access their website because the security certificate expired apparently around the same time as the servers went down for Chaseplane. I suspect they may have some major issues with someone getting into their system that shouldn't have (one of many possibilities no doubt). Keven hasn't been quick to answer the way he usually does so I expect much drama is occurring at their FSFX HQ. I just hope they were not live testing the offline mode due in November because if they did it they now know it didn't work.

I also complained earlier on about the internet connection need and still feel strongly about it. However I do not let my concern over one (albeit significant) aspect cloud the fact (sorry about the pun) that outside of 2 days total offline in 7 months of almost daily use up to now, detract from what is overall a first class product. I will be keen to see Keven's explanation of the fault this time as the August issue was IIRC declared a hardware problem and they also implemented steps to avoid a recurrence of that problem.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server