Sign in to follow this  
historian

Why the need for an active internet connection

44 minutes ago, Uteman said:

The fact that one cannot access their website because the security certificate expired apparently around the same time as the servers went down for Chaseplane. I suspect they may have some major issues with someone getting into their system that shouldn't have (one of many possibilities no doubt). Keven hasn't been quick to answer the way he usually does so I expect much drama is occurring at their FSFX HQ. I just hope they were not live testing the offline mode due in November because if they did it they now know it didn't work.

I also complained earlier on about the internet connection need and still feel strongly about it. However I do not let my concern over one (albeit significant) aspect cloud the fact (sorry about the pun) that outside of 2 days total offline in 7 months of almost daily use up to now, detract from what is overall a first class product. I will be keen to see Keven's explanation of the fault this time as the August issue was IIRC declared a hardware problem and they also implemented steps to avoid a recurrence of that problem.

yep i  agree ,  had  only  one  issue  in which  you had  mentioned the hardware  issue  in Aug, hope fully  a  offline   solution  is  coming  shortly

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

How many times before you fix it.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I heard in another Community, to reset the systemtime to yesterday or a day before yesterday, then it would work. After login you should reset the time to the current time. I don`t know, whether it works.

Robert Hammer

I haven't had a chance to test it out but is the server still down? If so I'm out of luck flying for now.  :mellow:

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, flightsimuser1962 said:

I heard in another Community, to reset the systemtime to yesterday or a day before yesterday, then it would work. After login you should reset the time to the current time. I don`t know, whether it works.

That method does work.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Just now, flightsimuser1962 said:

Yepp, still down.

Did Keven give an indication why?  I do not want to lose CP, it's simply the best.  

Jack Sawyer

No idea, but rumors say, that they forget to renew the securitycertificate of the website. However, tried just the trick with the systemtime. It works well. After chaseplane is running, you can reset to current systemtime.

Robert Hammer

I tried setting my system to yesterday but P3D then will not start as it need PC to be on the right time.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, flightsimuser1962 said:

No idea, but rumors say, that they forget to renew the securitycertificate of the website. However, tried just the trick with the systemtime. It works well. After chaseplane is running, you can reset to current systemtime.

I'll have to try this later when I get a chance to fly.

But it's odd in that it'll work if you change the time and still work when you set the time back to current.

By changing system time it won't affect any other core Windows components?

Neat trick this, cool discovery too.

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Nyxx said:

I tried setting my system to yesterday but P3D then will not start as it need PC to be on the right time.

Veeerrrrry interesting.....

Jack Sawyer

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

1. Reset system time or date to an earlier time point using Command Prompt.

2. Start CP

3. Reset system time/date to actual

4. Launch P3D

Works a treat..!

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

David - did you try resetting system date to yesterday - launching Chaseplane - resetting system date back to current date/time -  launching P3D (with Chaseplane already running)? No reboots or re-starting Chaseplane...

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 minute ago, Gazguzzler said:

1. Reset system time or date to an earlier time point using Command Prompt.

2. Start CP

3. Reset system time/date to actual

4. Launch P3D

Works a treat..!

How do you do that with a command prompt?  Never done that before.

Jack Sawyer