Why the need for an active internet connection

Launch command prompt as administrator.

Type after C:\WINDOWS\system32>Date 08/10/2017 then enter

You will see the date change instantly on the task bar

launch CP

Re-type actual date in command prompt and enter

launch P3D 

• Upvote 1

All sorted chase plane up and running just received a confirmation email from support from the request I sent earlier that chase plane was down.  

regards

LdeeFsx

12 hours ago, flightsimuser1962 said:

Seems to me, that you are a friend of Chaseplanedevelopers. I am an owner of a company myself. And if my customers would have problems in case of failures in my company or my work I do for them, I refund them the paid money, without a question. That helped me since 30 years, to have good and satisfied customers. 

Please remember that ChasePlane is 'in development' and you have agreed to buy an early-access product. Given your frustrations at not having a smooth experience, perhaps you could consider waiting for v1.0 of a software release to avoid disappointment in future.

The developers are listening to their customers, but patience is necessary. Good things come to those who wait.

Although I don't like software which 'interferes' with the host platform, as CP does with FSX/P3D's view system, it is worth it in the end. And, if all we have to complain about is that on 2 days in a year we can't fly our flight simulators, we'd do well to remember our ancestors who had much tougher lives, fighting for survival against illness, war, famine and so on. When you think about it, we have little to truly complain about :)

Regards,

Martyn

• Upvote 2

CP not working didn't stop me from using my simulator, so I don't really understand the issue?

Perhaps people are using "Auto-Launch with XYZ (simulator)"?  If so, I'd recommend you un-select that option.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: as far as changing your PC's date, I would strongly advise NOT doing that as it would cause all kinds of OS and other application issues that might surface at a later point in time.  Also, your PC's date/time will usually auto sycn with internet date time, so it'll get reset eventually unless you've disable auto sync via OS options.

Statement about today's outage: https://fsfxpackages.com/en/blog/2017/10/09/server-outage-oct-10-2017/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I read the statement from Keven and am glad in a small way that the fault with the security certificate was internal and wasn't someone probing or penetrating the system.

At my age I don't like to hurry time but come on November!

I will also be taking the advice here to unlink CP from v4 until the offline mode is proved to work.

Cheers

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

10 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

CP not working didn't stop me from using my simulator, so I don't really understand the issue?

Perhaps people are using "Auto-Launch with XYZ (simulator)"?  If so, I'd recommend you un-select that option.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: as far as changing your PC's date, I would strongly advise NOT doing that as it would cause all kinds of OS and other application issues that might surface at a later point in time.  Also, your PC's date/time will usually auto sycn with internet date time, so it'll get reset eventually unless you've disable auto sync via OS options.

No couldn't understand either what all the fuss was all about, went offline for a  day and  read that users  wanted  refunds,  changing  their  time  settings and were going to the other  addon.   Guess  users  are  kind  of  addicted  to the  sim:dry: when it doesn't  work  for  a minute  they get  get  all worked  up  over  nothing  bit  like  smokers trying  to give  up:dry:

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am very disappointed about some users here. One short problem and they took off to all sorts of hate and anger. 

Please read the description before you buy an addon that is "vital" for you (in development + online connection needed).

Thank you guys from FSFX Packages and keep up the good work!

• Upvote 2

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I too have been showing interest in this product but after having looked at the purchase price for what is a program in alpha and reading the problems on here, I'm not so sure I'm interested now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

15 minutes ago, G7USL said:

I too have been showing interest in this product but after having looked at the purchase price for what is a program in alpha and reading the problems on here, I'm not so sure I'm interested now.

I invite you to watch our Cosford presentation. This is an update coming fixing a lot of stuff.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

9 hours ago, G7USL said:

The program is in beta, not alpha. Alpha programs are not available to the public. I had the same concerns about the requirement for an online connection but after the offer made at the Cosford show I decided to buy. I haven't had any problems and the program appears as stable as a official v1 release.

The author has promised an offline version which will be welcomed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/21/2017 at 7:02 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:
On 10/21/2017 at 9:32 AM, G7USL said:

On 10/21/2017 at 7:02 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The program is in beta, not alpha. Alpha programs are not available to the public. I had the same concerns about the requirement for an online connection but after the offer made at the Cosford show I decided to buy. I haven't had any problems and the program appears as stable as a official v1 release.

The author has promised an offline version which will be welcomed.

I would support this comment having installed Chaseplane in March on my brothers sim and then in April on mine when I returned home.

I think the server has been down 5 times during that period pretty good in my book for a Beta program and as for the rest of the program I like it a lot. I will be a happy as anyone else when the offline comes along having complained about it months ago, but then was satisfied with Keven's advice that it would come sometime in November.

The other point to make in regard to the complaint about purchase price above is that the price now is for the Beta program and people who have the Beta will get the retail for free. That means for those who haven't thought about it they wont be paying the retail price and i suspect that will be different to  (higher than?) the beta price as it is for most software products as I understand it.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

19 minutes ago, Uteman said:

I would support this comment having installed Chaseplane in March on my brothers sim and then in April on mine when I returned home.

I think the server has been down 5 times during that period pretty good in my book for a Beta program and as for the rest of the program I like it a lot. I will be a happy as anyone else when the offline comes along having complained about it months ago, but then was satisfied with Keven's advice that it would come sometime in November.

The other point to make in regard to the complaint about purchase price above is that the price now is for the Beta program and people who have the Beta will get the retail for free. That means for those who haven't thought about it they wont be paying the retail price and i suspect that will be different to  (higher than?) the beta price as it is for most software products as I understand it.

The server being unavailable is not related to the program being in beta. That could still happen when v1.0 is released. I think Kevin has been convinced an offline version is necessary with the extensive feedback he's received.

I also got the impression at the Cosford presentation the price will rise when v1.0 is released. That, together with the offer made at the show, was enough to make me buy now. I run the latest stable version, not the experimental one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The server being unavailable is not related to the program being in beta. That could still happen when v1.0 is released. I think Kevin has been convinced an offline version is necessary with the extensive feedback he's received.

I also got the impression at the Cosford presentation the price will rise when v1.0 is released. That, together with the offer made at the show, was enough to make me buy now. I run the latest stable version, not the experimental one.

Your right Ray I conflated the two issues (offline and beta) because I have had very little else go wrong with the Beta, only the offline server which we all know by now has a solution coming. As for the overall performance of Chaseplane and the support Keven and the team have given it I can say I am very satisfied at the price.

There has been plenty of advice here for me to learn how to use some of it massive capabilities. I have always used the exp version and I dare say some will say I have been lucky. My Brother runs it on FSX in WIN 7 and is rapt (also exp). I am using it on v4

• Upvote 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB