Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Tutorial] Conflicting assignments

Last Edited: April 29th, 2017

Alright, I see many issues related to conflicting key and button assignments so I decided to make a post about it!

Right now, ChasePlane does not check for conflicting keys of buttons from the simulator. Nor does it block those events from being pickup by the sim. You have to do this yourselves until we find a better way of doing it on our side.

The Quick Example
If I use the G key to reset the camera position, by default, it will reset the camera but it will also toggle the gear in the simulator. I would have to go in the simulator settings and disable the gear assignment for the G key.

Numeric Keypad
Many of us are using the Numeric Keypad to assign specific presets or to control the camera. If you are using the Numeric Keypad, make sure you go in the settings and remove every single entry containing NUM in the assignment name. By default, most of them are in the Views event category. FSX/P3D behaves very weirdly in the sense that pressing a Numeric Keypad key will give different results when NumLock is active or not so keep that in mind.

Here is a quick video tutorial on how to assign controls in ChasePlane:

I hope this will help many of you get your cameras moving without the ailerons.

Best Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

First...

Please check this http://www.avsim.com/topic/499777-hard-to-believe-ezdok-v2-close/#entry3528803

1. please consider providing the same functionality as OpusFSI(X) and EZ-DOK with binding common buttons/keys for views ...I.e.

I bind the;

M KEY/ throttle Hat right cycles thru PIC,right panel glance, "big six" close up,radios and;

D KEY/ throttle Hat down cycles to cycle thru center console overview, console radios, fuel selector,

W KEY/ throttle Hat left cycles left wing, right wing

U KEY/ throttle Hat up cycles upper console,lower console

I am trying to put all the functions of the plane AND ChasePlane on my HOTAS ...but We need some conditional or SHIFT KEY help ala Linda and FSUIPC to do that...I frequently use my trigger switches to be the "Shift " button in FSUIPC.

You get the idea..keep up the great work!

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

There is another problem I just discovered, and this may be a bit of a bigger issue. I have the numeric keys 0-9 bound for selecting views, and they are not bound to anything in the simulator. So far so good. But when using for example IVAP (when flying online with IVAO), entering any numeric text in the chat-window there also triggers view-changes. Same thing when editing a flight-plan.  Just wanted to make sure you were aware of this problem as well. (In for example EzDok this works as expected, in that it does not respond to these keys when used in IVAP. Well, until EzDok stops working completely of course, but that's not a problem anymore since I switched to ChasePlane ;)

Peter Palotas

The big problem is there is no distinction between <Shift><anykey>,<Control><anykey>,<Shift><Control><anykey>.

It just parses out <anykey>.

The big problem is there is no distinction between <Shift><anykey>,<Control><anykey>,<Shift><Control><anykey>.

It just parses out <anykey>.

Indeed. And that not only affects the Chaseplane key assignments but other sim commands too. For example if I have "shift ctrl L" assigned to "look left" in Chaseplane it will also turn on the lights that are assigned to "L" in the sim.

Finally I love this amazing tool. But I have a problem. I can't fly the aircrafts with my Saitek X52 because the Axis a blocked in Chaseplane. How can I solve this problem ? 

On 3/1/2018 at 1:18 PM, Rave4B said:

Finally I love this amazing tool. But I have a problem. I can't fly the aircrafts with my Saitek X52 because the Axis a blocked in Chaseplane. How can I solve this problem ? 

What do you mean by "blocked"?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I think there is another small problem, not exactly the same with conflicting keys. I couldnt figure out a solution by now and it is a problem at least for me. CP is still picking up key presses when P3D and CP are in the background. Like when I am typing a web address on the browser.

Ahmet Can

Hi All

Quite new to Chaseplane and I think it is an amazing addition to FSX (haven't tried it yet in P3D) when it works properly.  I've had quite good success with it but there some annoying things that happen from time to time.  I'm not sure if they are bugs or just something due to my set up.  The first thing that happened was a couple of days after I had installed Chaseplane and created a number of presets and assigned keys from both the keyboard and controller (an aging Saitek Proflight Yoke System)  that the controller button I assigned to Pilot 1 suddenly took control and caused Chaseplane to hang up.  Ultimately I had to use Task Manager to end the program and try again.  I finally managed to get ChasePlane working and delete the offending controller button and had no problems until I tried to reassign the Pilot 1 preset to another button.  It didn't matter what button I chose, button 7 (the offending button) always overwrote what ever button I selected.  Interesting point is that this didn't happen all the time and I eventually managed to reassigned Pilot 1 to another button on the controller. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I've had issues with keyboard assignments as well but this post is getting a bit long so I'll leave it for another time.

Just one more question, though.  My keyboard assignments only work when FSX is in focus but the controller buttons change the preset views regardless of whether FSX, Chaseplane or another program is in focus.  Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks

2 hours ago, AWStirling said:

Just one more question, though.  My keyboard assignments only work when FSX is in focus but the controller buttons change the preset views regardless of whether FSX, Chaseplane or another program is in focus.  Is this normal behaviour?

I have the same behaviour, so i presume it is 😉

As for your other problems, sorry, no idea...