Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

REX Worldwide Airports HD Released - Bitmap resolution?

Hi,

Rex released WW Airport textures for default airports.
They advertise: Experience airports in TRUE high definition...
What is TRUE HD? As far as I know....1080p

I have searched high and low (web site, manual, etc) but couldn't find any info about the texture resolutions.
Does anyone know what it is? Their application has HD and SD setting:

• SD = 1024x1024 px?
  • HD = 2048x2048 px?

I'm only interested if HD is not 4096 because of increased VAS usage.

EDIT:
One more question....
The default P3D airport texture resolution, is that 512 or 1024 px?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Could not find it either.

But I am sure that someone from REX will answer it here.

Did you try asking on their forum ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Good morning. Would be interesting if someone already bought it and can give a short review :-)

Confirmed they do (occurs often with their servers in general.

Can't wait to test it though - seems like a sim-changer :-)

After trying for an hour or so - now on download manager server and it shows 100% download for 3 files but in the folder it shows the file size as zero kbs - will wait a few hrs to settle down.

All the best

Denis

Hi,

Rex released WW Airport textures for default airports.

They advertise: Experience airports in TRUE high definition...

What is TRUE HD? As far as I know....1080p

I have searched high and low (web site, manual, etc) but couldn't find any info about the texture resolutions.

Does anyone know what it is? Their application has HD and SD setting:

• SD = 1024x1024 px?
  • HD = 2048x2048 px?
I'm only interested if HD is not 4096 because of increased VAS usage.

EDIT:

One more question....

The default P3D airport texture resolution, is that 512 or 1024 px?

I think you're confusing "high definition" (a very generic term), with "high def / true hd **TV/display**...

I think you're confusing "high definition" (a very generic term), with "high def / true hd **TV/display**...

Possibly...

Question remains though... In what resolutions are the airport (and other) bitmaps..

Does anyone know if this adds additional buildings or just repaints the existing ones?

I'm pretty sure it only replaces the existing ones, based on the default afcads etc

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I've successfully downloaded and installed this product but first impressions aren't good. It's clearly installed some of the options so somethings worked but despite having select high definition textures the buildings at default airports still look terrible and nothing like the screenshots. Unfortunately I can't access the support forum for some reason but if I were you I'd hang fire to see whats going on, at the moment this is not living up to my expectations!

I wonder whether it works in Instant Scenery 3 and also for the so-called generic buildings that you can stretch.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hold on, things are looking up! Just tried default Memphis Intl and it's a vast improvement. Need to test more but beginning to wonder if some default airports will react better than others to the changes... 

False dawn, next two airports look the same as default other than there are improved jetways and vehicles. Need to get to the support forum to figure out whats going wrong.

UPDATE

Finally got into the support forum and I'm not the only one reporting this problem. No response yet from REX

Oh well same old story.  [insert company here] bigs up the product launch and when it finally happens either a: the forums crash or b: the forums crash and the downloads don't work.  Seriously guys if you are going to release a product where your customers have to download huge files please make sure your infrastructure is up to the job before hand.  It really ###### me off as the end user.

• Upvote 3

Thomas Derbyshire