Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

REX Worldwide Airports HD Released - Bitmap resolution?

From the other thread the REX guys said it would be user selectable like in TD.

In other words you will be able to choose resolution from a selection. My guess would be 512, 1024, 2048 or 4096 just like clouds.

I already had downloaded/read the manual.

There are 2 choices: SD & HD but no reference to bitmap resolution

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Pfft what is this "I have to have it right now" mentality??

Okay, so you purchased it. Now wait a day or 2 if need be to d/l it. Big deal.

Sigh.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

Not working in what way ?

I've only found one default airport where the terminal texture has been changed, all the others are still showing default textures. The new jet ways and vehicles are working and look good but something is preventing the terminal textures from showing. Not only affecting me, someone else has reported the same issue at the REX support forum. Unfortunately Rex staff don't appear to be actively responding to support requests yet...

I've only found one default airport where the terminal texture has been changed, all the others are still showing default textures. The new jet ways and vehicles are working and look good but something is preventing the terminal textures from showing. Not only affecting me, someone else has reported the same issue at the REX support forum. Unfortunately Rex staff don't appear to be actively responding to support requests yet...

Thanks well its 6:00am there right now 

Rich Sennett

I was working on a airport buildings texture project for FSX few years ago, and far as I can remember default buidling and terminal textures are from 128x128px (buildings) up to 512x512px (hangars). So believe you will not need anything above 2048px!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Pfft what is this "I have to have it right now" mentality??

Okay, so you purchased it. Now wait a day or 2 if need be to d/l it. Big deal.

Sigh.

So when you do your shopping in store you also wait 2 days for it to be delivered? It's "I paid for something so it would be nice to download it" mentality. You can ask the same way what is with devs mentality: "we have not prepared our servers to sell the product, but keep the money flowing". 

With all due respect, I think flight simming is the only area where seller gets away with stuff like that.

• Upvote 4

So when you do your shopping in store you also wait 2 days for it to be delivered? It's "I paid for something so it would be nice to download it" mentality. You can ask the same way what is with devs mentality: "we have not prepared our servers to sell the product, but keep the money flowing". 

With all due respect, I think flight simming is the only area where seller gets away with stuff like that.

You can also download the product from another store, like SimMarket. Obviously, that would depend if you are an existing customer of any REX product through that re-seller, otherwise you'll not get the discount offered for being a loyal customer, as they (REX) have said.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I did buy it through REX store as there was no comment or warning that servers are down plus I got my soft clouds there. Right now I regret it but couldn't know.

Given all the problems some including myself are having with downloading, maybe your downloaded files are not complete, causing this problem? Check that the final download file size matches what it should be according to REX.

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Given all the problems some including myself are having with downloading, maybe your downloaded files are not complete, causing this problem? Check that the final download file size matches what it should be according to REX.

The installer will report an damaged CAB arhive during the install in that case. My download was 2.5GB, and it should be around 3.2gb.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

No, don't think that's it, got the files from FSS and size is correct and no issues at all with unzipping and installing. I can see the new HD files are in the correct folder but for some reason they won't display. Some hangars have definitely changed but the main terminal buildings are stubbornly staying default. I'm hoping it's a simple fix. 

No, don't think that's it, got the files from FSS and size is correct and no issues at all with unzipping and installing. I can see the new HD files are in the correct folder but for some reason they won't display. Some hangars have definitely changed but the main terminal buildings are stubbornly staying default. I'm hoping it's a simple fix. 

did you, by any chance, have Zinertek Airports HD product installed before? Wondering if its not caused by non-default files. 

Nope. Using Orbx global but afaik that doesn't change default terminal buildings.

One other thing to note. Where the new textures are displayed it's a shimmerfest unless you're able to run sgss (which I haven't got the horsepower for). Many of the new vehicles "sparkle" from a distance and some of the textures for the buildings feature multitudes of thin vertical lines which play havoc as you approach them. Some of the alternative textures will be less prone to that I suspect.

I was almost buying the product when I read it only replace the default texture, as I only fly to non default airports, this product don't make any sense to me, wanted to know if someone tried it with another custom airport.

I did buy it through REX store as there was no comment or warning that servers are down plus I got my soft clouds there. Right now I regret it but couldn't know.

That is exactly correct !!  Very poor business practice and something I will remember for future purchases from Rex.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy