Sign in to follow this  
ianstoop

Unable to get flight following

I am unable to get a flight following if i make the request by voice. Each and every time i make the request for a flight following, i end up getting an unhandled exception (literally each and ever time). I have tried the exact same flight (KSTS - PYE - OSI - KPAO) more times than I can remember and no luck getting flight following by voice. :mad:  If I use the SayIt function however, no problem!

Initially I thought I merely messed up the phraseology, but I have checked time and time again in the conversation area and i am understood perfectly. I have tried both com1 and 2, with and without a flight plan, made the request during the climb, at cruising altitude, etc. and still no luck. Since i am not seeing anyone else posting with a similar issue, i guess the problem is on my side, but what it is, that alas i do not know. Please assist... 

Notwithstanding the unfortunate issue, i must say well done! Compared to all other ATC add-on's i have tried, P2A is, to my mind, the best by far. So thanks for this amazing program. :smile:

Regards, 

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for your report.

And I'm glad to report you are not going crazy.  There was actually a bug in the Grammar that caused the requesting phrase to not be understood correctly in most situations.  SayIt, was pronouncing it in the exactly the right way and was working, but I was only able to get it right one out of five times.

The error is fixed in the next update.

In the mean time, the workaround would be to request VFR Flight following via SayIt.

Thanks again,

Dave