Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Zinertek or REX WA? Comparison screenshots

Yes Soppie, this is indeed not acceptable.

I hope REX will react ASAP.

Thanks Ed, I didn't know ;-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Personally, I am quite happy with the product. Zinertek served me well, but I like the Rex variations, and as usual their textures are excellent.

I am not too concerned that a few airports are not upgraded. Either I will visit the airport infrequently, or I may get a dedicated scenery for it anyway.

Peter

Right, textures are really excellent and just for that I don't regret purchasing it.

But I'd really wish the international airports and the control towers textures to be replaced to be fully satisfied.

Or REX should better advertise and describe their product to avoid frustration.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

But I'd really wish the international airports and the control towers textures to be replaced to be fully satisfied.

Same opinion here!. Not updating the Control Tower textures is not acceptable.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Honestly, as an owner of the Zinertek product, I see absolutely no need to purchase the REX product. For me, the difference is not significant. And everybody who already owns the Zinertek product knows that the improvements by these global texture replacement add-ons are nice but rather limited. Even with the new textures, the default airports will never come even close to an add-on airport. Not even close to a decent freeware add-on airport...

• Upvote 3

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Same opinion here!. Not updating the Control Tower textures is not acceptable.

Cheers, Ed

Ed -

We were not able to cover everything within this release.  

Like ALL our products we ALWAYS add FREE additions.  So expect those to be updated.  To be far there is A LOT of work in making airport textures for both day and night. 

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Thank you for your posted comparisons.  This is very helpful for me.

Honestly, as an owner of the Zinertek product, I see absolutely no need to purchase the REX product. For me, the difference is not significant. And everybody who already owns the Zinertek product knows that the improvements by these global texture replacement add-ons are nice but rather limited. Even with the new textures, the default airports will never come even close to an add-on airport. Not even close to a decent freeware add-on airport...

I totally agree.

The differences are not worth me spending more money when I already have and enhancment that it fairly good.

What I found was that I installed Zinertek HD Airports, then using REX selected the runways theme and installed them that suits me and this improves default airports nicely.  Its all I need.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Like ALL our products we ALWAYS add FREE additions.  So expect those to be updated.  To be far there is A LOT of work in making airport textures for both day and night.

Reed-  So is there a plan for forthcoming updates to say towers etc?  I know during the live stream on ADX there was mention of still much work to do on the airport vehicles.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Ed -

Hi, Reed:

I'm pretty sure you'll do, really. I'm always confident and satisfied by the high quality of your products.

Thanks for considering.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, Reed:

I'm pretty sure you'll do, really. I'm always confident and satisfied by the high quality of your products.

Thanks for considering.

Ed

Thank you Ed for your support and patience!

Reed-  So is there a plan for forthcoming updates to say towers etc?  I know during the live stream on ADX there was mention of still much work to do on the airport vehicles.  

Our next project is to put the finishing touches on Sky Force and Environment Force.  While we work on that our design team will be working on the Towers and several other features as well as more vehicles.  We will also address the 20 custom airports. But that will be a little more delicate in that we don't want to cross over into something like what ORBX does.

• Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Hi Carlo,

Honestly, as an owner of the Zinertek product, I see absolutely no need to purchase the REX product.

It's just textures. Nobody really needs this kind of product, but they both make FSX/P3D look nicer. It is a matter of taste of course, but I personally am happy with having moved from Zinertek to Rex.

Peter

Few more comparative shots for you gents.

Z:

OjBT0b.png

R:

TC9VjC.png

Z:

f3xaXp.png

R:

w46SkV.png

Z:

qOU3kv.png

R:

1EGVXx.png 

Z:

MUC3oC.png

R:

7u4Jb1.png 

Z:

65ZK8q.png

R:

VrC1RD.png

Z:

4vb08O.png

R:

K7o2fu.png

Best regards,
David Roch

Thank you very much David for this excellent comparison!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I also agree. I have Zinertek's HD Airport Graphics currently installed and I think it already does a good job at enhancing the default airports around the world. Plus, Zinertek's does improve the control towers which look like an eye sore with the default textures. After watching a few youtube videos of users showcasing REX WorldWide Airports HD, I'm not blown away to be honest. 

That being said, thanks to David for taking the time to show us comparison screenshots between both products. Nice job!

• Upvote 1