Sign in to follow this  
ST1322

Autopilot and CWS modes

Hi,

Why when autopilot is switched on both CWS yellow signs light up on PFD and yellow autopilot button is blinking?

Tom Link

Tom Link

You are selecting to override the autopilot for a period of manual joystick control. Doug Pelton

And solution to this?

I admit I was playing with key control assignments, however I reverted back to vanilla. Problem remained.

Tom Link

Tom Link

And solution to this?

Set up a flight. Take off. Unplug hardware and try to engage the AP. If it works, it's your hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

I will give it a try. Strange as I'm using the same joystick since 2009 and always used it with pmdg which I own since release on fsx - now p3d.

Tom Link

Tom Link

Strange as I'm using the same joystick since 2009 and always used it with pmdg which I own since release on fsx - now p3d.

Not entirely. Pots degrade over time. If they're sending spikes to your computer, it's seeing that you're trying to make full (or near full) control deflections for fractions of a second. That will kick the AP off, or prevent it from activating.

Kyle Rodgers