Sign in to follow this  
rstough

REX Worldwide Airports - Support Needed

In trying to better assist users that are experiencing download issues.  I decided to create a separate post here to give advice instead of trying to address each need throughout this forum.

First, we are very sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.  Again, we are working hard to handle the load.

If you purchased from the REX Store please try the following:

1.) If you are using the REX File Transfer Manager tool to download, start it again and under the "Download Type" option select the 2nd option "Use direct download links to download files".  This will provide individual links to download.  You can use your download manager built within your browser to control it at this time.

2.) If option #1 doesn't work on the bottom of the REX File Transfer/Support Manager is a link to "Submit Support Ticket".  Click that link, fill out the form, and submit it.  This will automatically generate a support ticket within our system and we directly contact you with another solution."

If you purchased from another store please do the following:

1.) Please go to our support forum:  http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums and submit your request within our forum.  If you are a first time user of our forum.  PLEASE place your order #, product, and store your purchased REX from within your signature.  This will speed up the validation process for us.

We are answering all support items as fast as possible and we appreciate your patience.  Thank you.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

My downloads showed all files were downloaded but, when I ran the installer, it would come up with an error stating rexww1 is corrupted and cannot continue.  So I downloaded that separately and copied it in my installation directory and retried the installation.  Then it would stop again with rexww2 is corrupted so I downloaded them all separately and copied them into the installation directory and then told the installer to retry.  This time it completed the installation. 

The download manager is indicating all files have been downloaded 100% but that's not the case.  So, following the directions of the Reed to use the direct download links works the best (or at least it did for me).

Just offering my observations.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

I've experienced the same problems as yourself and can confirm that downloading each file individually as Reed has explained above is definitely the way to go.

Also on the REX forums for this product there are a few posts that have screenshots of the required file sizes for each file which I used to confirm I had all the files correctly downloaded at the correct size. See my post there "Problems with download" .

Now that I have it installed I'm enjoying the product and like a trip to the dentist the pain is forgotten when you have nice teeth again lol....

On the first downloads the file sizes weer a bit small. I redownloaded one at a time and saw 512M files (which were the correct size).

The addon loaded properly with these files and I configured successfully.

Loading up the fisrt flight out of Socorro NM right now to take a look at the changes.

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

I was informed by our Network Guru that he had to move things over to Amazon servers $$$ - UGH.  So things should run a little more smooth.  Keep us advised.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I'm enjoying the product and like a trip to the dentist the pain is forgotten when you have nice teeth again lol....

:LMAO: Well stated and an accurate analogy.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Has anyone figured out how to save a Theme in World Wide airports?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Has anyone figured out how to save a Theme in World Wide airports?

You can look at the manual. It's explained there.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You can look at the manual. It's explained there.

Cheers, Ed

OK, I figured it out, I couldn't find the manual at first. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS