Sign in to follow this  
mlb406

Outside view uses VC model

Hi,

I bought CP today and I am loving it. However, when I switch to an outside view, the model used by the aircraft seems to be the VC model. For example, the outside view with the PMDG NGX renders the VC and all the clickspots, wing(tips), but no fuselage, engines or tailplane. This happens with all my aircraft.

I believe this is not correct behaviour, as even the preview video was using the outside view with the NGX.

Help much appreciated!

Max

Edit: I uninstalled and the problem persists.

Hi,

Can you send us your cameras.cfg file at the alpha email?

Thank you!

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Negative.

yeah sorry I deleted my post. I didn't see it was in the chase plane forum.

Although I can tell you that the same thing happens with EZDOK if you install

a plane and don't run the EZDOK Config tool, so I suppose this is a similar issue

Ok - development.

It would appear that I have the outside (chaseplane) view within flightsim - right clicking, selecting aircraft > outside (chasePlane) allows me to use the outside view. For some reason, CP selecting the outside mode chooses the 2nd from the list, in this case the first item of the walkaround in the 172, which doesn't have a complete model.

Removing the "Hotkeyselect=4" from the aircraft.cfg means that selecting the outside view in CP doesn't do anything - it sticks with the On-board camera but physically shifts outside.

Hope this is helpful!

Max

Ok, I concluded this:

There is something happening with "Hotkeyselect"s within the aircraft.cfg file and the camera.cfg file. However, I believe that CP itself is causing some part of the problem, as selecting the outside view with it never selects the Outside (chaseplane) view mode in FS. If CP is set to look for a hotkeyselect value, shouldn't having the Outside (chaseplane) view (in camera.cfg) set as that hotkey allow CP to find it? I believe the hotkey it looks for is 4, as that is the one that can be added to any view definition and CP will switch to that. In my camera.cfg, I have the outside (chaseplane) view set with Hotkeyselect as 4, but yet it still selects the wrong thing from the Aircraft view modes (none of which have Hotkeyselect in the aircraft.cfg).

I hope this answers some questions and allows better bug fixing!

Max

Ooops

It would appear that all I just said can be ignored. I think I restarted FSX after changing some things, which reset some more things.

To anyone with this issue - look through other solutions in this forum. If they don't work, open the aircraft.cfg for the aircraft(s) that is broken, and comment out (//) any line that says "Hotkeyselect=4" in it - this was the first item in the A2A 172's walkaround. Restart FS after that and, at least for me, it works.

Bug fixing quest complete.

Max

I have something similar going on and cant figure it out. I keep seeing people talking about a view title Chaseplane view but I have no such view. They are the regular ones that have always been there. It uses VC view.

But for external camera, which used to work, now suddenly goes to Top view and zoomed way out in space stuck there. For all aircraft.

I reinstalled it completely to no avail.

Im sure its some easy fix.

Perhaps related is "an issue with your cameras.cfg file. Unable to check your camera references in FSX" on startup.

Why FSX? I have this set to open with P3D only and have fsxse only for porting aircraft. How to get rid of this error?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I have the same problem, when i go to outside view with ChasePlane button assignment or UI I can only see the VC model. I do have EZDok installed but ChasePlane said it altered some things related to EzDok when I installed it.

Wills

People with this issue... I need a screenshot of your Preferences > Registry Editor page in VFXCentral.

Send that to the alpha email and we'll have a look at it!

Thank,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

People with this issue... I need a screenshot of your Preferences > Registry Editor page in VFXCentral.

Send that to the alpha email and we'll have a look at it!

Thank,

Keven

Email sent. Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

Some great programming intuitivness in CP.  If your having issues, have a look at VFX Central , preferences and the registry editor. Check your paths are correct and the simulators you want to use are indeed on or off as the case may be.

I had an error with it having FSX on when I dont even have it installed, and I even had it off, but the registry entry was there. I deleted the entry, then restarted the computer. When P3d and CP started up, CP says it detected a corrupt configuration issue that it now fixed so restart P3D. 

Now all my outside views are back, my views now actually say chaseplane, and it runs smoother.  Thank you Kevin and the FSFX team.

Only thing not working now is the middle mouse for the selector, and using the mouse to pan around the views when holding it. Its on in preferences.

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH