Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

REX Worldwide Airports HD 1st Impressions

Well i gotta say upon these glowing reports i just bought it. Downloading now. And TBH the price for what it is supposed to do is well staggering. Thxs REX :)

Regards

Mike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Screens shots would be helpful/...  a picture speaks a 1000 words

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is there any point getting this if you already have the Zinertec HD airports product?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Screens shots would be helpful/...  a picture speaks a 1000 words

http://www.rexworldwideairports.com

What a pointless video.

... and why is that? 

Is there any point getting this if you already have the Zinertec HD airports product?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce, look at the feature list of both products. http://www.rexworldwideairports.com

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

... and why is that? 

I'd also like to know. That video shows everything about the product that was previously asked for. Someone asked for screenshots, I provided a video. Seems to me it has quite a point. Hey, I could be wrong and totally off topic though right?

:::cough cough:::

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Bruce, look at the feature list of both products. http://www.rexworldwideairports.com

I couldn't find a comparison list of both product's features here but perhaps I didn't look hard enough.  Maybe someone who has the Zinerteck HD airports product and the REX product would oblige with an opinion.  I have a large collection of payware airports plus many otherwise enhanced airports inc. orbx freeware, Zinerteck etc.  Would need some convincing that the REX HD airports would add all that much to what I already have.  Thank you.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Usually developers screens and vids a little enhanced so to speak. :)

Nope they aren't.. actual screen captures from the video itself. None of the material is enhanced at all. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

... and why is that? 

My thoughts...

The camera moves too fast to see any detail, most of it's just all a blurry panning mess for me.

There seems to be no thought as to what the camera operator is doing. Perfect example is 1:28 - 1:40

I found myself focusing on the aircraft a bit too much, which isn't what the is supposed to be showcasing.

A lot of repetition. Could have shown off more locations instead of just (2?) airports. 

Small points that you can see the time preview box (screams amatur)

Nick

• Upvote 1

Sheesh man.  Search youtube.  plenty of people put up videos on REX WWA.   I know they aren't professionally choreographed and directed pieces of art but hey what can you do when you don't have Scorcese directed Flight sim videos. 

Especially when up until a week or two ago only one camera program existed for FSX/P3D.  And was far from cinematic.

REX next time please get Christopher Nolan to direct the video preview of your $20 product. That is all.

• Upvote 4

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

My thoughts...

The camera moves too fast to see any detail, most of it's just all a blurry panning mess for me.

There seems to be no thought as to what the camera operator is doing. Perfect example is 1:28 - 1:40

I found myself focusing on the aircraft a bit too much, which isn't what the is supposed to be showcasing.

A lot of repetition. Could have shown off more locations instead of just (2?) airports. 

Small points that you can see the time preview box (screams amatur)

Nick

Maybe  you need to adjust your monitor. Looks pretty good to me, with nothing that is blurry.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can anyone post a pic of KROC, this is the most un updated airport around.

Also will this program update the textures on existing personal software updated airports?

Nick Sciortino

I couldn't find a comparison list of both product's features here but perhaps I didn't look hard enough.  Maybe someone who has the Zinerteck HD airports product and the REX product would oblige with an opinion.  I have a large collection of payware airports plus many otherwise enhanced airports inc. orbx freeware, Zinerteck etc.  Would need some convincing that the REX HD airports would add all that much to what I already have.  Thank you.

Bruceb

Hi Bruce,

I have posted few comparative screenshots between Zinertek HD and Rex WWA.

I believe it would help you decide.

Please see here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/497515-zinertek-or-rex-wa-comparison-screenshots/

For me, no doubt at all, REX is much complete, the textures are just superb and the effect on VAS or fps is marginal.

Not to say that Zinertek textures are bad, some are even better, but I prefer REX ones on most of the textures sets.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I am trying to decide, but one thing that is not clear in the manual is once you create a theme, that gets applied to all airports worldwide. Can you then come back and change just an individual airport of your choice? If you make a new theme for that airport of choice it seems like that new theme gets applied to all other airports as well. In other words, you can't really control what you get at a specific airport, can you?

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090