Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

REX Worldwide Airports HD 1st Impressions

Now that I have the product downloaded and installed (with some issues as has been posted elsewhere) I thought others may like to join my post on their 1st impressions.

Firstly I'm running P3D on a fast i7 with a GTX 1080 card with lots of ORBX add-ons and REX texture direct. I'm fortunate that the sim scenery wise looks absolutely stunning and for me this product has added to my overall enjoyment of the Sim.

I think it's important to have realistic exceptions for this product as it's not going to change payware airports or default airports that have been altered (including those altered by ORBX sceneries I believe).

However my home airport is YBCG which is a default airport and WAHD has greatly enhanced this airport from the runway textures and grass to the buildings and airport vehicles. It makes it much more enjoyable to fly in and out of this airport now. For me this alone is worth the price, not counting the many many other default airports I will fly into that have been enhanced.

The configuration program is the normal REX high quality with an excellent choice of textures and models available that are easy to install. Plus it gives the option to take a backup of existing textures before installing so it's easy to go back to this if you have any problems.

Many have been vocal about the download issues from the Rex store, myself included, however this does not reflect on the quality of the product which I believe is excellent.

Thanks REX for adding to my continued enjoyment of P3D at a price less than any single payware airport I have purchased.

• Upvote 1

I finally got to play with this this morning and it does as advertised.    There are many Southwest destinations that don't have payware options and I avoid them.   This program has given me an excuse to go there now and one step further, update the AFCADs of these airports to bring them up to today's charts and add all the missing details.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

I finally got to play with this this morning and it does as advertised.    There are many Southwest destinations that don't have payware options and I avoid them.   This program has given me an excuse to go there now and one step further, update the AFCADs of these airports to bring them up to today's charts and add all the missing details.

Hi @kuragiman

I'm a newbie in terms of anything to do with altering scenery. Would be great if you could post on the best tool to use for altering an AFCAD and other relevant information. I would suggest that you PM me as it's off topic for this post but I'm sure other scenery newbies like me would like this information.

Nice!!!  Thank you for your kind words.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

What about the many default airports I want to fly to that don't even have a single building?

Would this product help me?

Thanks in advance.

Lol and sharing this one is going to change my airport approach in the virtual world great stuff :-)

André

My first impression is: How do you install this?  My d/l had nine files: rexww1-7 cab files, rexinstaller and rexfileinstaller 20161010. Double clicking either of the installer files gives me options to Modify  Repair  or Remove. Am I missing another file that installs the scenery? Or am I doing something else wrong?  Thanks

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

What about the many default airports I want to fly to that don't even have a single building?

Would this product help me?

Thanks in advance.

Uhhh... no.  If there are ZERO buildings at your airport the only thing that is going to help you is to get Airport Design Editor or ADEX and SXBuilder and make some buildings.  This software from REX does not add a single building.  It adds textures only for generic buildings at default airports.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

However my home airport is YBCG which is a default airpor

Paul, may I suggest downloading here @Avsim, YBCG by Max Kraus. It is payware quality at a freeware price.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Paul, may I suggest downloading here @Avsim, YBCG by Max Kraus. It is payware quality at a freeware price.

Thank you very much for the tip!

I'll check it out..

Uhhh... no.  If there are ZERO buildings at your airport the only thing that is going to help you is to get Airport Design Editor or ADEX and SXBuilder and make some buildings.  This software from REX does not add a single building.  It adds textures only for generic buildings at default airports.

It also adds new runway, taxiway, parking, and signage textures.

However, if you already have REX TD you already have some of those, so no, this will probably get you little.

(OTOH, between this and ASCA there's very little in REX TD that isn't already covered by one of the other two packages.)

What about jetways?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's worth the $20 US (discounted for existing REX customers) and is a another high quality product from REX. As long as an airport uses at least some default buildings, those will be painted with the REX textures. I couldn't see any impact on either VAS or frame rates with my limited flights so far  with the HD textures. Note that the HD texture sheets are not of a consistent resolution. Some are 2048, but others are lower.  The HD texture resolution is still a lot better than the sim's default resolution. The new airport vehicles don't seem to interfere in any way with GSX, at least I couldn't see any problems. The REX UI is a little bit unwieldy, but that's mostly due to the wide variety of options  available for the various types of buildings, lighting and vehicles. A nice touch is that some of the hangar options have airline logos.