Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

REX Worldwide Airports HD 1st Impressions

Many of the default airports I want to fly have the wrong type of runway surface, usually dirt instead of bitumen. Will this product fix that?

I bought and installed it this evening over top of the Zinertek product. The textures look great. I especially like the cohesive ground textures rather then the mix and match I was using with Rex Direct. Night texture have a very realistic glow.

I would like to see the options added to install different texture sets like in Rex direct. Meaning it would be nice to have a check box option to install the airport vehicles or not along with the other texture sets like lights, etc, Reason for me is I still really like my current airport vehicles and want use them.

I have the best best of both worlds right now with Rex airport textures and using the Zinertek vehicle and tower textures. Once Rex has additional textures available I will be happy to incorporate them into the sim.

Happy customer here, Great job Rex!

I bought and installed it this evening over top of the Zinertek product. The textures look great. I especially like the cohesive ground textures rather then the mix and match I was using with Rex Direct. Night texture have a very realistic glow.

I would like to see the options added to install different texture sets like in Rex direct. Meaning it would be nice to have a check box option to install the airport vehicles or not along with the other texture sets like lights, etc, Reason for me is I still really like my current airport vehicles and want use them.

I have the best best of both worlds right now with Rex airport textures and using the Zinertek vehicle and tower textures. Once Rex has additional textures available I will be happy to incorporate them into the sim.

Happy customer here, Great job Rex!

Thank you for your kind words.  Thank you for your suggestion also. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I just landed at Weipa airport YBWP. The default building is one enormous cube that is impossible to really say what it might be. It looks like a hanger for the space shuttle or something. It has a big door on it but the building is just completely the wrong dimensions. Will this product do anything about changing the dimensions of the building to look more realistic or will it just paint a different texture on it?

Thanks in advance.

Worth the money I thought it was an excellent add on for people who don't want o spend. If dollars on add on airports. Job well done REX

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

I just landed at Weipa airport YBWP. The default building is one enormous cube that is impossible to really say what it might be. It looks like a hanger for the space shuttle or something. It has a big door on it but the building is just completely the wrong dimensions. Will this product do anything about changing the dimensions of the building to look more realistic or will it just paint a different texture on it?

it doesn't change anything except the texture.

i have orbx australia, i don't know how much they modify this airport compared to default but it looks like the new REX texture on the building there.  

9aKrdHJ.jpg

cheers,

-andy crosby

Seems like a pleasing visual upgrade to me. Cant buy every payware thats available  and often times theres not much for a particular airport except perhaps an AFCAD. Its a little more pleasing to the eye. After all the default textures have been around on those buildings for 10 years or so.

What would be nice if its possible is to target an airport and specify which textures go on its buildings so that its not a mass texture replacement for all terminals. Would provide a little variety but otherwise acceptable. Night textures also give a nice enhancement. Kudos to the REX team.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

What would be nice if its possible is to target an airport and specify which textures go on its buildings so that its not a mass texture replacement for all terminals.

Just what I was thinking. It would avoid repetition of textures globally.

Cheers.

And it changes runways, and taxiways, and lighting which look much improved. I really like the new lighting. 

Bob, I understand you also own REX TD. I do as well and I'm wondering how this new airport texure package compares to it. I'm only interested in ground textures. So, how many different runway/taxiway textures does it have compared to REX TD? And are they improved?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Combined with Ray Smit's AFCADs this texture package will make a significant difference to a great deal of airports and is great value for money in my opinion.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Bob, I understand you also own REX TD. I do as well and I'm wondering how this new airport texure package compares to it. I'm only interested in ground textures. So, how many different runway/taxiway textures does it have compared to REX TD? And are they improved?

I think they looks better and I have disabled the runway/taxi textures in Rex TD. There are 17 different runway taxi way sets. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can anyone post a pic of KROC, this is the most un updated airport around.

Also will this program update the textures on existing personal software updated airports?

How about this for some KROC scenery...I converted all of Ray Smith's fantastic sceneries for use in P3D. Check your PM, I sent it over for your enjoyment :)

2016_11_9_4_1_2_896___Copy.jpg

2016_11_9_4_0_48_430___Copy.jpg

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

And it changes runways, and taxiways, and lighting which look much improved. I really like the new lighting. 

But, after a month you are used to the new textures and then what? To me it seems like it is just a short term improvement...

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

I think they looks better and I have disabled the runway/taxi textures in Rex TD. There are 17 different runway taxi way sets. 

Thanks Bob. So that's 17 sets for every type of runway and taxiway (concrete, asphalt)? And do you have the option to combine them to your liking or are they fixed sets?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

But, after a month you are used to the new textures and then what? To me it seems like it is just a short term improvement...

Change them. We give so many choices. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com