Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

PMDG 777 vs FSLabs A320x

HI,

If i can barely run the  FSLabs A320x on my computer, could i run the PMDG 777 easier? Thanks.

Real

Real Deraps

HI,

If i can barely run the  FSLabs A320x on my computer, could i run the PMDG 777 easier? Thanks.

Real

Are you hitting VAS issues? I had a ton of VAS issues on the 777  in fsx box edition to the point where I just stopped flying it all together. Since then they released a patch that is supposed to help with the vas problems. I recently bought the fslabs airbus and have not had any vas problems. However, i'm using a clean install of fsx steam running as2016 with rex textures/soft clouds and orbx global. I have not added in any of my payware airports and I am sure the real test would come with payware airports included, so its hard to judge how the two currently stack up. I can tell you with the 737ngx vs the 777 that I had very few with the 737ngx and that was on very long flights compared to the 777 (again though I need to make clear this was before they released the update that supposedly cut down on vas usage). From youtubers etc I have heard them all say they weren't really having vas issues with the airbus, but if you pile enough addons in and turn up the scenery you can crash the sim with most air craft. Try turning down your details, disabling payware airports you are not using for that flight, and reading the vas section of the fslabs manual. You may be able to fix it with some adjustments. Payware airports and ground scenery are nice but when flying jets like these you would only see the scenery for a small percentage of time so it may not be worth the tradeoff for all the bells and whistles.  

I haven't had VAS issue yet with the A320x but that's mostly short flight (about an hour flght). Also FPS go down to only 4 to 5 FPS sometimes. Also, i have this braking issue (A320) which drives me nut. So, she will stay in the hangar for a while i guess. Thanks for replying.

Real Deraps

I haven't had VAS issue yet with the A320x but that's mostly short flight (about an hour flght). Also FPS go down to only 4 to 5 FPS sometimes. Also, i have this braking issue (A320) which drives me nut. So, she will stay in the hangar for a while i guess. Thanks for replying.

Hmm odd. I havent had any braking issues. 

As soon as i touch the brake pedals, that brakes like i hit a wall.

Real Deraps

As soon as i touch the brake pedals, that brakes like i hit a wall.

Are you using pedals? I know there was some talk on the fslabs forums of some people having an issue with the braking and there were some solutions or at least steps to minimize the issue. 

Yes, i'm using pedals. I read all about this issue at the forum, but i'd need to install FSUIPC. I can't understand why it doesn't work without installing other addons.....i have many payware aircrafts and none ot them needs  FSUIPC. Anyways, there is an update coming from FSLabs, maybe the will provide a solution to this. Hope so.

Real Deraps

Might just be something on my end, but I get abysmal performance with the FSL A320 (it was so bad, I had to revert to the 2D panel version). PMDG 777, on the other hand, performs fine for me, even on my six year old PC.

Yes, i'm using pedals. I read all about this issue at the forum, but i'd need to install FSUIPC. I can't understand why it doesn't work without installing other addons.....i have many payware aircrafts and none ot them needs  FSUIPC. Anyways, there is an update coming from FSLabs, maybe the will provide a solution to this. Hope so.

There is no such "issue" per se with rudder pedal brakes - it's a matter of knowing how long to step on the brakes for. Also, if you haven't calibrated the pedal axes properly, they might be firing "full scale" before they reach full press. Hence the suggestion for FSUIPC.

In any case, if you talk to real pilots, they'll all say that pedal action is an acquired art with the A320.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

There is no such "issue" per se with rudder pedal brakes - it's a matter of knowing how long to step on the brakes for. Also, if you haven't calibrated the pedal axes properly, they might be firing "full scale" before they reach full press. Hence the suggestion for FSUIPC.

In any case, if you talk to real pilots, they'll all say that pedal action is an acquired art with the A320.

Thanks for replying Lefteris, Unfortunately my computer is too slow to run properly your A320. If i could fly her at higher framerate, i'll probably install FSUIPC but so far, i prefer to wait til i  upgrade my computer even though i fly her sometime. I can't resist.....

Real Deraps

Thanks for replying Lefteris, Unfortunately my computer is too slow to run properly your A320. If i could fly her at higher framerate, i'll probably install FSUIPC but so far, i prefer to wait til i  upgrade my computer even though i fly her sometime. I can't resist.....

Just wondering what your specs are. I can run the 777 ok but I'm holding off getting the A320 for the moment until I upgrade. No criticism of the price, I'm sure it's worth it but it's a big risk if you think it might be a slide show. I'm still on an overclocked i7 930.

John

Here my specs: i7 2700 3,5Ghz 8MB, MO ASUS Maximus 4 Extreme-Z, Memory Corsair 8G DDR3 1866MHz, GPU: ASUS GTX 580 1536MB , cooling Corsair H80, HD: 480GB SSD OCz, HDD Seagate 1T 7200RPM 32MB, Power supply Thermaltake 1000W, Windows 7 Pro 64bits.

Regards

Real Deraps

Here my specs: i7 2700 3,5Ghz 8MB, MO ASUS Maximus 4 Extreme-Z, Memory Corsair 8G DDR3 1866MHz, GPU: ASUS GTX 580 1536MB , cooling Corsair H80, HD: 480GB SSD OCz, HDD Seagate 1T 7200RPM 32MB, Power supply Thermaltake 1000W, Windows 7 Pro 64bits.

Thanks, that just confirms my decision to wait till I upgrade.

John

What are your specs to run the B777? Also, do you run her with other addons like AS16, ORBX sceneries etc? Does her run smoothly?. Thanks

Real Deraps

Thanks, that just confirms my decision to wait till I upgrade.

John

What are your specs to run the B777? Also, do you run her with other addons lke AS16, ORBX sceneries etc? Does her run smoothly? Thanks.

Real Deraps