Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

PMDG 777 vs FSLabs A320x

I believe my specs are similar to yours. I can run both planes smoothly, though not at high fps most of the times.

VAS-wise the "trick" with the B777 is to update to their latest version, which provides a substantial VAS improvement, even in DX9 mode. For the A320-X the "trick" is to use the DX10 preview mode, as there is no other way to lower the VAS footprint of the FSL bus itself.

Of course other addons influence VAS usage a lot and creating lower-impact graphics profiles (less autogen, less AI traffic, smaller level-of-detail radius etc.) helps with either plane.

I believe my specs are similar to yours. I can run both planes smoothly, though not at high fps most of the times.

VAS-wise the "trick" with the B777 is to update to their latest version, which provides a substantial VAS improvement, even in DX9 mode. For the A320-X the "trick" is to use the DX10 preview mode, as there is no other way to lower the VAS footprint of the FSL bus itself.

Of course other addons influence VAS usage a lot and creating lower-impact graphics profiles (less autogen, less AI traffic, smaller level-of-detail radius etc.) helps with either plane.

The best VAS improvement I had was putting the FSX box Deluxe on the shelf and installing Steam. The rummer has it they ran the machine code thru a newer compiler? Don't know, I do see a much better VAS situation. Also better FPS with the PMDG 777's. I sorta laid off simming with FSX. Now it's very enjoyable!

BaldyB 

At the and it appears that all issues are with your FSX set up.....I did not have any VAS issue with A320X and yes, some with 777 due to "heavy" set-up....tweak by tweak, day after day, somehow I made it....But not sure that even mirroring my set up would help you. Looks like FSX runs differently on each PC.

Alex