Sign in to follow this  
rheinis

PMDG made EZ

Fellow Captains,

I created a package with EZDOK profiles for the passenger versions of the following PMDG aircraft:

* MD-11
* 737 NGX
* 747-400X
* 777-200LR
* 777-300ER

- They all include walkaround , cabin and cockpit jumpseat views.
- The 747-400X profile may be practical as a starting point for an EZDOK profile for the new PMDG 747 v3.

I intentionally didn't create in-your-face superzoomed views, but kept the viewing angles as natural as possible, as seen from the pilot's viewpoint. So these views are not 2d panel replacements. However, you can make these yourself of course by simply adjusting the views I created, or create new ones. The big advantage of my views - as opposed to the default PMDG views - is that I zoomed in to 90% while still maintaining usable views. With this 90% zoom the runways look a little bit wider and the buildings appear closer to your aircraft and less distorted. Also the round parts of the cockpit look a bit less oval.

Good to know:
These profiles are made at EHAM (Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, The Netherlands) so at EHAM you'll sit in the middle of your chair with the yoke centered. However, when you load the aircraft at another airport the views may shift slightly due to the way FSX handles views. One disadvantage of this is that sometimes the knobs may become unusable because your mouse won't change into a hand anymore. I did some testing at various airports to make sure that you haven't got this problem in most parts of the world: FACT (South Africa) PANC (Alaska) SECA (Quito, on the equator) WSSS (Singapore, on the other side on the equator) If the mouse still becomes unusable, you have to shift the views a bit yourself to make the mouse cursor change into a hand again. One positive side of this: you can finally use the [ Seat.......................Adjust ] checklist item and make small adjustments to center your forward views when you doing your preflight!

Install:
Just load the camera set of the corresponding aircraft version. This option is available from EZDOK EZCA 1.16 and higher (currently 1.18.7)

TIP: In order to free up some available keys and prevent unwanted actions it is a VERY good idea to delete ALL key commands you actually don't use, both FSX, PMDG and other key commands. Otherwise you could end up adjusting the aileron trim while switching views for example (I speak out of experience...)

To download the package: search for "PMDG made EZ" in the AVSIM library.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PS: Please don't ask me to explain how EZDOK works and how to create or adjust views. Just read the manual, so did I ;)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Upvote 3

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Awesome! Congrats!

If you make it for the new ground of Chase Plane would be fantastic and you will be top rated when community releases :)

By the way, I'm still working on the NGX versions but they will be finished soon. In the meantime you can import the [Virtual Cockpit] views in all NGX versions since these are the same. The included version of the NGX is in fact the 737-600 (refers to the "Aircraft" views)

Robin Heinis                                                                                                                    SIM Pilot 
FSX-SE DX10 Preview mode with Steve's DX10 Fixer..PMDG MD-11..NGX..777..747 v3.."PMDG made EZ" (EZdok / ChasePlane profile package I made for all PMDG airliners, see AVSIM library)
Addons: ORBX..REX 4..REX SF..AS16/ASCA..EZCA..FS Global Ultimate NG..FlyTampa..FSFX..FS Passengers X..FS Real Time..FS2Crew..GSX..Navigraph..PFPX..TOPCAT..Pro-ATC/X..UT2..
PC specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz..ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING..Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB..4x Samsung 850 EVO..2x WD Black in RAID 1..Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

PS: Please don't ask me to explain how EZDOK works and how to create or adjust views. Just read the manual, so did I ;)

haha - well said.

Also: I don't use EZDok, but thanks for taking the time to set up some stuff for other users. Given the time people put into setting that software up, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

Kyle Rodgers

haha - well said.

Also: I don't use EZDok, but thanks for taking the time to set up some stuff for other users. Given the time people put into setting that software up, I'm sure it'll be appreciated.

Thanks, much appreciated. It really adds to my sense of realism and it's good to hear that I can give this experience to other people as well.

And yep, it really IS a pain in the S to figure out... In fact I nearly gave up on it once and it took me a few months to revisit this product - just because I paid money for it, to be honest. In the end it became a challenge in itself. A strange feeling though; when flying a 777 becomes easier than setting up a 11 MB add-on that creates some views.....   :wacko:

• Upvote 1

AFAIK you can import EZDOK profiles into ChasePlane

You can and a great feature for sure

Rich Sennett

AFAIK you can import EZDOK profiles into ChasePlane

You can and a great feature for sure

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I'll have to check them out when I have time to fly the 737 and 777 more. Nice! That's awesome news.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Robin. Came at a great time when frustrated, took out all EZDOK, all views and everything I could find and rebuilt with 1.18.7 and was just about to start rebuilding views.

When EZDOK works, it is great...but...like FSX, it seems to have a life of its own and does strange things. Well, truthfully, I probably did some thing dumb and did not realise the association, then I dig such a deep hole, I have to remove and rebuild.... 

Geoff Bryce

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I'll have to check them out when I have time to fly the 737 and 777 more. Nice! That's awesome news.

Yup theres a little yellow arrow in menu and works great - luv it - saves a ton of time - must be the .ecs format

Rich Sennett

That's great stuff indeed. I just had Chaseplane not too long ago, because I really never came around EZ dock even with the manual. The controls are so intuitive I thought I would take the time to do the profiles, but seeing they import perfectly, that's really a time saver.

Thanks for sharing! :D

UPDATE

version 1.0

Fellow Frequent Flyers,

Just uploaded an updated - and now complete - package.

* Now includes all views for all versions of the NGX in 90% zoom for the cockpit views. Other views differ in zoom; outside, isle seats and cabin walkaround views 100%, cabin windows 150% (otherwise you can't see the windows this close without them disappearing)

* Includes also a "2D" overhead panel for the NGX since the view may be a bit obstructed by the HGS

* Slightly changed the 747-400X overhead view, there's now a somewhat bigger portion of the panel visible (of course you can also still use the default PMDG 2D panel if necessary, same goes for the MD-11)

* Fine-tuned and also double-checked all other profiles to see if the knobs - of mostly the overhead panel - stay clickable at the following airports:

- EHAM (Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, The Netherlands)

- FACT (Cape Town, South Africa)

- PANC (Anchorage , Alaska)

- SEQU (Quito, Ecuador)

- WSSS (Singapore, Singapore)

* and last but certainly not least...I included 2 screenshots to show off some raw and pure entertainment value of some views...  :wink:

To download: search for "PMDG made EZ (version 1.0)" in the AVSIM library

Hope you like them and may they immerse you somewhat more in the experience of flying an airliner!

• Upvote 2