Sign in to follow this  
patrice_bambou

SLX freezes when selecting "airports" tab directly from the map

Hi Maarten

There seems to be a problem here, with the last version (SimLauncherX_5.9.6151.40772):

If I start SLX, i am directed to my default/last flight. After that, if I immediately click the "Airports" tab, then SLX freezes and I need to abort it.

In the same conditions, if I click other tabs before clicking "Airports" tab, they open normally. After that, if I click "Airports" then, it opens normally also.

Could you check?

Thanks.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

I tried my best, but I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you please send me your [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.log file when SLX freezes? I suggest you also perform a reset and see if that helps.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Patrice,

Unfortunately I cannot find anything strange in your log file apart from the fact that selecting the Airports window has not been logged, apparently because SLX is too busy doing something else. I tried over and over again, but I cannot reproduce it. Here's a couple of other things you can try:

- clear the map cache (Map window, Navigation ribbon tab, Map group, 'Clear cache' button) and try again

- disable all map symbols on the Navigation, Simulator, Overlays and Online tabs and try again

- rebuild the database (Home|Rebuild all) and try again

- complete reinstall: uninstall using Control Panel, delete the SLX installation folder, open the log file, look for the User.config file and the Isolated storage folder and delete both, delete all files in the [Documents]\SimLauncherX folder (except for the SimLauncherX.lic file I sent you after you donated) and finally install the latest version.

thanks, Maarten

I tried also with version SimLauncherX_5.8.6122.41752 and the problem exists also here.

So, this is not a big concern, just for you to know I have seen it.

When I have some time, I will do what you suggest.

Thanks.

Patrice.

So,

Reset map >> no help

Disable all map symbols >> not tried

Reinstall product >> it seems ok after that.

Thanks Maarten for your help.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Maarten,

After some other tries, the above problem is stille here (but is not so important)

May I suggest some enhancements to SLX:

- Regarding the profiles management, there are some confusion/melting between FSX-SE and FSX.

Could you make 2 different default default profiles for FSX-SE and FSX: I have made one manually, but it is not perfect: When I want to activate one, the highlighted profile is not changed and the software is not restarted...

For exemplae, the default FSX profile I has was set for FSX-SE, not FSX!

Making 2 different profiles will also impact the general settings (FSX is installed tab, FSX-SE is installed tab, two different tabs)

A bug regarding profiles also is if I have a FSX-steam profile and a FSX profile, the green highlighted color does not change when changing profile (but the window title does).? So, could you also fix this?

- Another suggestion would be to classify the airports displayed on the map (big international airports, regional ones and simple small airports) with the ability to display the ones we want via dedicated buttons (with maybe also, different colors of icons on the map).

- Another suggestion: making adjustable the delay of of tips displayed on the map (or maybe, no delay, just display the tip and the tip is closed when the user left clicks again or also a close button or via a right click menu..). This because the delay of airportys infos display is very short, so very difficult to see all the details, more evident with big airports)

What do you think about these suggestions? Please let me know your feeling.

Thanks.

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

Hi Patrice,

Sorry for the late response.

• Creating a third simulator platform (FSX-SE next to FSX and Prepar3D) is not feasible at the moment unfortunately. I would have to change an enormous amount of code. Maybe some day in the future. As a workaround, I suggest you do the following:
  1. set things up for FSX first and exit SLX
  2. backup the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.FSX.settings.txt file and the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.Profiles.xml file to another folder (let's say [Documents]\SimLauncherX\FSX
  3. delete the above files
  4. start SLX again, set things up for FSX-SE and exit SLX
  5. backup the above files again to a new folder (let's say [Documents]\SimLauncherX\FSX-SE
  6. create two batch files (let's say slx-fsx.bat and slx-fsx-se.bat). Each of those batch files copies the 2 files from one of the above folders to the [Documents]\SimLauncherX folder and then starts SLX
  • I fixed the bug that prevented the selected profile to turn green in the Profiles window (thanks for reporting the issue!)
  • I have now classified airports as large (largest runway >= 9800ft), small (largest runway <= 2600ft) and medium (all others). The map icons are sized accordingly.
  • I increased the default tooltip show duration for map symbols to 10 seconds. This duration is now also configurable in the Global Settings|General dialog.

I will release a new version soon (I just need to fix a couple of other bugs).

thanks, Maarten