Sign in to follow this  
LevelMind

Report deicing to ATC

Hi,

As we are getting into the colder part of the year, I thought I'd ask a question about deicing.

So, in real life, when you are at an airport which requires you to perform on-stand deicing, should you tell ATC that you will be performing the on-stand deicing within the next couple of minutes, or would you just do it at your own discretion?

When I worked in Cleveland, we did on stand deicing (very dangerous for the ramp personnel). The crews never advised ground control that they were being deiced. When I transferred to DFW, there was no on stand deicing. The flight crew had to advise ground control that they required deicing. The crew then had to confirm that the deicing crew was ready to receive them before they would be released for pushback. Every airport has their own procedures on how they handle it.

NAX669.png

Thanks for the answer!

Is there anyone that knows if it common to report on-stand deicing in Europe? Since the last answer was from Airports in the US.

Again depends on the airport some do on stand deicing and others remote

If its on stand then unlikey to inform ground if its remote then you would

At egph has always been on stand,although last year they did try remote for a month but don't think it was entirely successful as theyre back doing it on stand .

Pete Little