Sign in to follow this  
Mateo.Aero

Extremely Low Response

Hi all,

Despite being a FSX enthusiastic for many years I had not discovered this wonderful SW until yesterday. I had heard about it but as I was flying VFR GAs since I got a decent HW (Saitek Yoke + Pedals) I had not really needed anything like this so far. However, I am starting now with more complex aircraft and I thought it would be really nice to have many a number of controls available at hand, such as GA, AP and so on. So I installed LINDA yesterday.

Despite having tried several versions, I have always had the same problem: LINDA has a very slow response for me. Whenever I press any button it takes a slow second or more for the action to take place. This also happens with the repeat actions: it is impossible for me to use LINDA for trimming for example, as I need more than a minute or two to get an acceptable trim... I have also tried with default FSX aircraft, and the same happens, so it should not be related to the addons themselves. I have tried searching the internet and no luck... I can't find anyone explaining a problem like mine... Any idea? Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you for taking the plunge into LINDA and for your post.

I am surprised at you comment. LINDA handled all buttons presses passed to it by FSUIPC4 at a rate of 50Hz. If you are using the VRI Combo panels then operating a knob or button is displayed promptly. Other display updates to VRI Combo or Saitek panels do take up to a second to update. Is this what you are seeing?

I recommend you use the latest version 2.8.4. What devices do you have attached?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Good morning,

Thank you for the quick response. I am already using version 2.8.4. I do only use a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke with LINDA, and Saitek Rudder Pedals besides. I dont use any other HW. Indeed, I have disabled the MCP in settings, for I don't use any nor plan to use it in the short term. As I said, I have tried several LINDA versions, with several default and non-default A/C and the response in FSX is quite slow. I can withstand it for flaps or landing gears, but when I use it to move around the cockpit, press GA or Trim it is necessary that I obtain an immediate response, logically. It is really strange because when I press a button the LINDA module itself detects it instantly, and without using it I have instantaneous response in FSX too. 

So that I can see what is happening can you do some checks for me?

Start FSX and LINDA using a Default aircraft like B58 or C172.

Goto LINDA Setup and check Developer mode. Then click on Tracer and select Verbose and check GUI and LUA.

Then click on restart Lua engine. Once LINDA ready appears press your trim button a couple of times including pressing and holding.

Then email me the files /modules/fsuipc4.log, /modules/linda2.log, and /modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx defaukt/config-hid.lua. Email to LINDA@AWGINFOSYS.NET.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

After sending the logs we have found the problem. The logs of FSUIPC were extremely low-level and therefore caused delays in Lua functions. Therefore, I had to edit the FSUIPC.ini file and disable all the logs I found. Many thanks for your help.

• Upvote 1

. Therefore, I had to edit the FSUIPC.ini file and disable all the logs I found. Many thanks for your help.

I have the same issue. Can you post what i have to edit in my FSUIPC.ini file.

I have the same issue. Can you post what i have to edit in my FSUIPC.ini file.

You need to open FSUIPC4 set up windows and go to Logging. Then make sure all boxes and unchecked. I don't suggest you manually edit the fsuipc.ini file.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok, i checked it. No box where checked.
I logged my last flight and was surprised about a lot of error messages.

After restart LINDA Console make some records:
Maybe you can help me to solve this problem.
I noticed, if LINDA wrote a rror message no inputs will delivered to FSX.
After error logging the input will triggered to FSX (737NG)

### Blocked: attempt made to change LogOptions via 3400, data 0x0001
FSUIPC logging bit cleared: 6
[E] Exception 20 "DATA_ERROR", Ref 2398, Index param 1 on write SetData for "ADF SOUND"
[E] *** LUA Error: F:\FSX\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
[E] *** LUA Error: F:\FSX\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
[EVNT] Configs reloaded!
[EVNT] Configs reloaded!
[EVNT] LUA logging level changed to 2
[EVNT] LUA logging level changed to 4
### Blocked: attempt made to change LogOptions via 3400, data 0x0401
FSUIPC logging bit set: 10
### Blocked: attempt made to change LogOptions via 3400, data 0x0041
FSUIPC logging bit set: 6
### Blocked: attempt made to change LogOptions via 3400, data 0x0005
FSUIPC logging bit set: 2

Ok, i checked it. No box where checked.
I logged my last flight and was surprised about a lot of error messages.

After restart LINDA Console make some records:
Maybe you can help me to solve this problem.
I noticed, if LINDA wrote a rror message no inputs will delivered to FSX.
After error logging the input will triggered to FSX (737NG)

Before I can help you I need to know what version of LINDA you are using. The error line 287 does not match my version 2.8.4. What buttons are pressing at the time of the errors?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Right now I don't have my computer with me, but I will detail what I did as soon as I go back home, just to make sure I don't forget any entry of the ini file or name it incorrectly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LINDA Version: 2.8.4 (400)
Modul PMDG 737NGX 4.7
I will try it again.

I tried it out. Same issue.
Sometimes i need 2 or 5 seconds to see a moving switch in my VC.
But it is not constantly. It`s noticeable that the problem is often after i don`t activate a switch for a long time (2 or 3 Minutes)
If i activate a switch after 2 minutes i must wait Approx. 5 sec before i can see a function at my Virtual Cockpit.
After that LINDA working properly and fast.

The error logging ends if i can see a moving switch.

[EVNT] LUA logging switched on - Level 1

There was a rogue line of debug code I had mistakenly left in place. I have sent you a test build to see whether this resolves your reported problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry for the late response. In detail, what I did was to delete the debuglua=true line. However, as ScotFlieger suggests it might be much safer to use the FSUIPC settings tab within FSX in order to avoid breaking unnecessary things. 

Hi!, my name is Xavi and here my log error. Thank you in advance!

Prepar3D 3.4.18.19475

Linda 2.8.6 (405)

PMDG 737NGX 4.7

LUA.0: LINDA:: [iNIT] Module: PMDG 737NGX Started...
    95469 LUA.0: LINDA:: [iNIT] Ready to go, Captain!
    95469 LUA.0: LINDA:: [iNIT] ***************************************************************
   134953 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   140031 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   145062 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   150094 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   155125 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   160156 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)
   165187 *** LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)

LUA Error: C:\Prepar3D v3\modules\linda/system/handlers-hid.lua:287: attempt to concatenate local 'btn' (a nil value)

Hi Xavi, thank you for the report. The quick fix is to comment out the offending line. Come subject file and place "--" (2 dashes) at the beginning of line 287. You may find following line may also need to be commented out if line was split.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK