Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

The 2006 Demographic Survey is Up and Running!

Hmmm Kimchee or Bulgogi...Tough decision there!Which reminds me, I have not yet flown to Incheon. ;)

What a bunch of nit picking tweebs. :-lol A whole bunch of folks missed that. Now fixed. Techno-Geek-A-Zoids. You can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em. Sheech.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

LOLI don't know if there's a pickier bunch than us simmers, Tom!It's neat seeing how much things have changed for myself personally after taking the survey. Last year's survey I was flying GA here at home. This year I've jumped into flying for a VA on VATSIM, medium jets. My processor has moved several "MEGAhertz" forward :) and my flying time has drastically escallated. Plus, i was almost a closet simmer then, only telling certain select folks, but now almost everyone knows I'm a simmer.http://home.earthlink.net/~dawgfighter/sit...es/swvasig1.gif-Jeremy BurchSWVA4806 http://www.virtualswa.com/home.phpThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!

doesn't feel a thousand times faster...In fact a lot of applications now react slower than they did in the olden days.

Guest beana51

Thanks, I gave already! It should be said that this forum may be the most democratic of all forums. Other than some not so 'swift' comments, of which we are all guilty, this forum is most tolerant.The biggest story that will affect our world of simming is being properly aired here. It is also being encouraged by asking us to participate in this survey, regarding XBOX and it's impact on the FS. The multitude of posts regarding this volatile subject reveals the intelligence of the participants. Outstanding!In some totalitarian places, reasonable debate and intelligent discussion are suppressed. Anyone showing concern is being referred to a 'Don't worry, be happy, drink more Kool Aid' attitude by some, who are equally uninformative in their comments. We are talking about a consumer product and service here. Any and all comments, conjecture, and concern about things which cost money, our money, are justified.We all have our own ideas regairding this topic, many unsupported, but that is healthy. If some choose to believe any part of these ideas, then so be it. If this seems like rumor spreading, well it may be. However, the biggest rumors are the result of non-information, and arrogant disregard for honest inquiry. For instance, a respected and gigantic company, like the one in question, chooses to be silent before a barrage of concerned questions about one of their products. We know they monitor the feedback on forums such as these, and they may even use it to plan new products. What does that tell us? Because of the lack of official information, a vacuum of mis-information has been created. Some think it is too unpleasant to think, talk, reflect and comment on. All Simmers are intelligent, responsible, dedicated and fiercly independant people in pursuit of a hobby which they alone created. The evolution of a simple game into what we have now is the result of their dedication, support, and time. Whole industries have sprung up to support this great aviation interest. Huge amounts of money are spent on new products, powerful computers and all things related to Flight Simming. This, because of our demands for improvement and something 'better.'Now some of the suppliers are cruising VFR,on top, unaware of the potential CAT3 landing that awaits them. We here have come to praise Caesar, not to bury him. With an almost religious fervor, we await His word. And that would be only honest, official information regarding a beloved hobby practiced by many loyal and dedicated Simmers.We are listening!VIN

Guest beana51

TOM, SORRY GETTING TOO OLD! MY GRANDSON SAID "GRAMPS ITS IN THERE" BOY DO I FEEL LIKE A DUMMY! VIN:-hang I'll do it if you want!! ENOUGH OF THE CHEERS ,I THINK!!:-beerchug