Sign in to follow this  

Any small photoreal with full 3D objects scenery out there?

A few topics about airport addons made me think about getting an airport addon that covers a somewhat larger region, like Narvik from Orbx. Not to actually fly to and from in my Airbus but to use as a sim within a sim and to fly above in a trike, taking off, doing a few circles enjoying the scenery and landing. As you might do on your local airport in the weekend. After looking at various airports I started to think if there are any small photoreal regions out there that come with 3D objects all over the place. So addons that cover a bit more than an airport addon would do. I know there are a lot of photoreal sceneries but they all are completely flat and I hate that.

If no such sceneries exist, what airport addon would you advice for this purpose? So airports that have a rather large area around them in photoreal and with 3D objects? I know most Orbx airports have the surroundings added in great detail but often the region is quite small. At least, that's what I remember from my PNW airports I bought a few years ago.

Another way to put it would be: what are the largest airport addons when it comes to the included area? I would prefer the airport itself to be not too big.

Revolution-X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcD-oTAkxbM

It has accurately placed 3D objects for the whole of the UK, and will work on top of any UK photoscenery I think. Plus it only costs around €30.

I have Rev-X and do not consider it a tremendously good add-on quality-wise. The autogen is placed using low quality data, it appears to use default textures, and the 3D placed objects are invariably wrongly sized, placed and oriented. I tried to write a fair review of it here... http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/kf/revx/revx.htm It does have some positive points, just research it a little to make sure it fits the purpose you want to use it for :)

ON topic, and not related to Revolution X, if you can get hold of them, any of the Earth Simulation sceneries are very much worth a punt if you want a relatively small but very detailed photoreal scenery to fly around low and slow. Isle of Man is undeniably the best...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

France VFR ....

PACA 1 and PACA 2 are beautifull

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

ESI as already stated is the best - Shawbury Fields one of the best ever...

Aerosoft island scenery, eg Skiathos and Mykonos in Greece, the Frisian Islands in Germany.

ScotVFR scenery for the Shetlands and the Western Isles.

Cheers

Keith

Jeroen, I've been looking for the same. The best I found for me so far is Orbx KEGE. I added UltimateVFR Colorado (has some autogen) and extended this region to Aerosoft KASE and Orbx KTEX.

Alternatively Orbx PAVD also covers a large photoreal area.

And I am looking forward to Orbx LOWI.

Like you know, and others have stated, Orbx makes quite a few sceneries that cover large photoreal area with hand-placed 3d objects, many of which are custom made.. KJAC, KPSP and KSEZ come to mind first. There are certainly more. Slow&low heaven!

Two OrbX products come to my mind  : 

- an OrbX freeware (but payware quality) LIDA which actually covers the whole Asiago valley in Northern Italy

- The OrbX Samoa package. Working the pattern in NSTU, in the Pago Pago bay, or in Ofu village is a real treat. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Some interesting suggestions. Seems I am best of with one of the Orbx offerings... The others either aren't available anymore or require the purchase of large photoreal packages or don't look as good as I'd like. Guess I am used too much to Orbx scenery. ;) Thanks for the suggestions so far!

I too have been looking for more photoreal with 3d objects.. but for me i'm searching for ones in the USA and possibly canada.

For PA, i did find NuVecta Treeline North America   (they make this for every state).. i downloaded but havent had a chance to test just yet.. its only trees but its a start i guess.

PA/Pittsburgh area is one region not touched by many addons out there even today.  

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Personally, I like the Paulo Ricardo Rio and Sao Paulo sceneries:

http://secure.simmarket.com/paolo-ricardo-fsx-mega-route-rio-sao-paulo-and-natal-city-pack-5.phtml

Even with so many accurate representations of the buildings, the performance is amazing. It works fine in P3D 3.4 and the water looks great. A large area is provided so a cross country flight looks real

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Upcoming NL2000 4.09 custom Objects + Autogen houses and trees

http://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=323

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

One word; Xplane.

I am seriously interested in XP11 but not in all the work to get more than just a plausible world.

Upcoming NL2000 4.09 custom Objects + Autogen houses and treeshttp://www.nl-2000.com/nuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=323

Yeah, well, I know it is free and I applaud all the devs who are working on this but er... I don't like how it looks so far. Tried it several times over the past few years and always ended up uninstalling it.

Innsbruck is looking totally awesome, I have to say. While awaiting its release I reinstalled a few PNW airports I haven't used for years and which are pretty close together which gives me a nice and partially realistic photoreal area to fly around in with my Trike.