Sign in to follow this  

Any small photoreal with full 3D objects scenery out there?

I don't live in the UK (I'm in Southern Florida) but the Revolution-X scenery looks awesome, a word I don't use very often.  And the background music was perfect for that video.  I'll be on the lookout for Rev-X...

BTW I have been looking at some flyovers in my iPad with Apple Maps... HOLY COW! Why isn't there a flightsim who can use this?!? Totally awesome.

Jeroen, I use MSE Netherlands + NL2000 custom objects + OpenVFR Autogen buildings + trees.

Looks great .

When NL2000 releases its new version I will only use the custom objects + NL2000 autogen.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Jeroen, I use MSE Netherlands + NL2000 custom objects + OpenVFR Autogen buildings + trees.

Looks great .

When NL2000 releases its new version I will only use the custom objects + NL2000 autogen.

Ah, ok... don't think I even knew about MSE Netherlands... also didn't know about OpenVFR and that you can use NL2000 with it all. I will have to look for some video's and screenshots! Always interesting being able to fly in your own country. Flat as it may be. ;)

One word; Xplane.

I had no clue there was P3D photoreal scenery with 3d objects in XPlane. Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I'll switch sims.

:wink:

Friends,

The link below will take you to some terrific, and pretty accurate photo real sceneries. I've used most of them.

While not Photo Real, there is a terrific, I mean ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC scenery for Phoenix (KPHX), and had I seen the FSX conversation for this scenery I'm not sure I'd have purchased the payware (which is very nice as well). 

One of the best freeware sceneries is Philadelphia (KPHL) by SunSky Jet (who are also working on Detriot (KDTW).

There is also a great photo real for Tampa (KTPA).

Everything below works in FSX and P3D.

PHOTO REAL SCENERY

KPHX

KPHL

Tampa 3D

There are some absolutely TREMENDOUS freweware sceneries out there!  My group (OVPA) has built a scenery library of over 60GB of incredible scenery - which also helps our new members save a lot of money when they step into our level of immersion and realism.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PHOTO REAL SCENERY

It's recommended that you deactivate ALL Photo Real Airports when you're not flying to/from them. Leaving them activated is known to load into VAS (thus increasing the possibility of an Out of Memory Error), even if you're flying on a different continent from where the Photo Real scenery is.  One should be able to fly from one Photo Real scenery to another photo real scenery without an OOM, providing  you're settings are not set really high. 

The same should apply to Payware or Custom Scenery Airports (deactivate them when you're not flying to/from them), except that usually you have to fly within approximately 20 miles of the scenery before it starts to take up VAS.

My very best wished to everyone.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I had no clue there was P3D photoreal scenery with 3d objects in XPlane. Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I'll switch sims.

Yeah. And the best is: It's all free.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I don't live in the UK (I'm in Southern Florida) but the Revolution-X scenery looks awesome, a word I don't use very often.  And the background music was perfect for that video.  I'll be on the lookout for Rev-X...

I am not impressed by Revolution X at all. Out of position buildings (with respect to base photoscenery), bland textures, and rather sparse density of trees.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Some real great suggestions here!

I'd also consider visiting New Zealand again Jeroen and i think it's absolutely worth checking out what "Godzone Virtual Flight" has to offer in terms of scenery - some real high quality add ons available there (also compatible with ORBX's NZ):

http://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/

And yes (and as also mentioned above): There are indeed some stunning sceneries available for X-Plane too ...

Anyways though - wherever exactly You will end up flying Jeroen: Have a great time flying then!

"I too have been looking for more photoreal with 3d objects.. but for me i'm searching for ones in the USA..."

I understand this is under development:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486343-april-fools-or/?hl=%2Bapril+%2Bfools

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Jeroen, here do I live :

B757%20over%20Gchem.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Jeroen, here do I live :

Looks pretty cool and real from that altitude!!

Did this 10 years ago and updated it last year to P3d textures...

Be sure to choose "HD 1080P"

https://youtu.be/CI_TF_wto6c

Barbourville flight to and including the farm

https://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg

You are welcome to the complete Barbourville, and Carnes Farm scenery ...let me know and if there is enough interest, I will update the FS9 Avsim Library contribution to the current P3d standards.

A leisurely flight from Barbourville, KY to our farm on Stinking Creek, about 8.3 miles as the crow/ultralight flies, on a heading of 083...

I wanted to document the GMAX 3-D objects i created and imported into FsX/Prepar3d v1.4.

This is Version 2 totally re-flown, re-shot, re-edited. It contains two edits for presentation purposes. Those were to collapse time as we flew toward the 45° ascent up the tower road above the Creekmart, and the rollout down my K69 strip to the farmhouse; the flight itself was completely un-cut. The music is remixed. The only things I kept from the original was the intro and outro.

We are in an Air Creation's Ultralight aircraft the Trike Ultra, basically a modified Rogallo wing with an engine strapped to yer butt. They do exist!...nawwww...on the Trike Ultra, its bolted to the back of the frame...grinn. Why not my 300HP Lancair Legacy screamer?...Cause I wanted to go....Lowwww and slowww...

You get an airshow over Carnes Farm/ K69 with the Legacy as soon as I learn how not to crash it doing Low-level, high speed barrel Rolls...cause I plan to do it without cuts to the original flight....shudder!

This is Prepar3d v1.4...BECAUSE 2.2 makes all my FSX/P3d v.1.4 GMAX objects here, go to the big cursor in the sky!!!...Proly due to P3D V2.2 having had a huge Video coding redo.

While cockpit and Cloud shadows were not available in V1.4, I HAVE included photo real scenery of Stinking Creek and Barbourville, Carnes Farm/ K69, my imaginary 2300ft strip with VOR/DME and NDB, ILS service, Mama Carnes museum ( also found on Google Earth ( https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=b8817281106cb5083ca42544e9d8e085 ) , the farmhouse, barn, shed, RV, Dewitt Baptist Church, and Escoes Store / Dewitt Post office, the Knox County Bus Garage, and all of the Barbourville Parkway Plaza shopping center.

I am going to try ModelConverterX to update my scenery for P3Dv2.2...wish me luck.

Be sure to set to HD for best viewing quality.

3-D Models drawn by hesynergy in GMax

Weather by OpusFSX.

Roads and Infrastructure - UTX

Video - NVidia Shadow Play

K-69 with VOR/DME and NDB, ILS service - hesynergy using Airport Design Editor (ADE) by Scruffy Duck

PhotoReal scenery of Barbourville and Stinking Creek shot and converted by hesynergy - SBuilderX v3.13

Thanks for watching

Ride to Stinking Creek

Music Credits:

Runaways by Silent Partner

Huma Huma by Nevada City

Lone Trail by Silent Partner

Log Cabin by Silent Partner

Easy Day by Kevin MacLeod

Swamp Stomp by Silent Partner

Enjoy

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2