Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Emulating Virtual Joystick on Logitech Programmable Keyboard

Hi Folks,

I have the old Logitech Programable Keyboard with the 18 user defined keys down the left side... The keyboard by default is only capable of sending keyboard keystrokes or running custom Logitech scripts... Is there a way to make the keyboard look like another virtual joystick device sending true joystick button press commands ? I have a bunch of custom autopilot buttons - that don't have associated keyboard key presses (LUA Scripts) that I'd like to use my keyboard for - but the buttons need to look like a joystick for P3D/FSUIPC...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,

I have the old Logitech Programable Keyboard with the 18 user defined keys down the left side... The keyboard by default is only capable of sending keyboard keystrokes or running custom Logitech scripts... Is there a way to make the keyboard look like another virtual joystick device sending true joystick button press commands ? I have a bunch of custom autopilot buttons - that don't have associated keyboard key presses (LUA Scripts) that I'd like to use my keyboard for - but the buttons need to look like a joystick for P3D/FSUIPC...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here, and I'm not familiar with the Logitech keyboard you are talking about. Is the goal to have the programmable Logitech keys activate Lua scripts?  If so, and if the Logitech keys can be programmed to send unique key combinations (e.g., Ctrl + Shift + x, or whatever you want), then I think that using the FSUIPC Key Presses feature, you should be able to assign key codes of your choice (the programmed Logitech keys ) to activate Lua scripts that are in the Modules folder.

Al

Hi Al,

Thanks for responding - yeah - this is in regards to your scripts for the Lear... What I was trying to avoid was attempting to find 10 or 12 more keystrokes that aren't already assigned in P3D - maybe there's an easier way - but it seems like almost every key - including [Alt], [shift], and [Ctrl] modifiers are already assigned - it's always been very tedious and a PITA for me...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Depending on the keyboard, there are about 60 some 'typical keys', and so along with Shift, Ctrl, and Shift+Ctrl, that gives you on the order of 180 unique codes -- should be enough I would hope assuming you can assign the combinations you want to the Logitech programmable keys.  At my age, there is no way I could remember what even a third of those keys are assigned to!  :smile:

BTW, with FSUIPC you can make key or key combinations aircraft (profile) specific, which lets you 'reuse' those key codes with different aircraft.

I suppose another approach would be to 'get more' buttons -- e.g., use the buttons on a joystick to activate the Lua scripts. And speaking of the Lear35A AP scripts, I don't even recall sending them to you -- age strikes again (sigh).

Best,

Al

Hi Al,

Hah - thanks for all the info... I'm pretty familiar with FSUIPC so I should be able to figure something out... Your work should be a big help on controlling this plane - so thank you again !!! I may try creating a voice profile as well using Voice Attack for a pseudo co-pilot - I don't think these planes were certified for single pilot operation...

Yeah - you sent them to me it about seven months ago when you first posted about them... I had just bought the plane because of a good sale but I was a bit burned out so I took a break for a bit..

Regards,

Scott

Scott... AutoHotKey should do the same thing from outside FSX/P3D (will still function in FSX/P3D). I think I'd still try FSUIPC first, but if it works out you need something more then give AutoHotKey a try (extensive help section with excellent script examples).  You can do just about anything with AutoHotKey, and it's freeware. 

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave,

Hope all is well with you - sir - thanks for the tip - "AutoHotKey" - never heard of it - I'll poke around and take a gander... Now if I could only find that can of bulkhead remover...
:wink:

Regards,
Scott