Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

530 crashing on second waypoint entry

My sim is continually crashing (fsx - se and p3dv3 ) when i try to create a flight plan. It always happens when i input the 2nd waypoint.. I always get a unhandled exception error....

I cannot create a flight plan from scratch... I can create a plan with as a  simple "direct to " plan but thats it . If i enter the second way point.the sim will stop responding , lock up and then crash within 30 seconds. I have the same issue with the minstar 530 in either fsx- se or p3dv3.

please help...

Peter

Disable FSUIPC and see if it works.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Disable FSUIPC and see if it works.

thats very interesting because i always thought i would need fsuipc to run 3rd party apps like this... 

thank you ill give it a shot

Peter

I decided to work through this issue  and did a clean install of fsx steam

I followed the following sequence;

firstly computer spect

w10 x64

steam drive F

p3dv3 drive G

removed and reinstalled fsx-steam

installed simconnect from within steam

installed mindstar 530

( i did not update the realnav data base )

At this point the sim fsx-steam did everything it was supposed to do and i was able to load a flight plan  with more than 2 waypoints into  the a2a 182. I did not have any sim crashes and the gps did its job and flew the plan.

then i continued and installed fsuipc 4.9  

**** this caused a problem and a conflict occurred in that  every time i ran the mindstar gps 530 and tried to enter more than 2 waypoints the sim crashed ****** I would get an exception error.

the problem occurs in my p3d v3 and i can duplicate it exactly as per the fsx-steam install per above...

i verified that fsuipc and the mindstar gps were in conflict because after the sim crashed i went into the modules folder and changed the file extension of the fsuipc .dll and fsuipc .ini ( in other words basically turning off fsuipc )  and things were again working perfectly the a2a aircraft and the mindstar 172

What I'm interested in finding out is if there is a work around so that i can have the mindstar product work with fsuipc 4.9. 

Please advise. 

Peter

As it is not our software crashing, there is little we can do.

I would recommend discussing this issue with Pete Dowson and/or Lockheed-Martin to obtain a resolution.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok thank you ed but i would suggest that it is a conflict between your software and other sim software. Rather than speaking to fsuipc and p3d ( all they are going to say is " it must be mindstars" software). is there a constructive way to resolve this or given your expertise is there an obvious solution that allows the mindstar 530 to work while the fsuipc is enabled. As you know Fsuipc is required for many other add ins so im wondering if there is a solution beyond disabling tFSUIPC software everytime i want to use the mindstar gps products

Please provide your thoughts 

Thank you

Regards   Peter

It is quite literally out of our hands.  There is nothing in our software that's actually crashing.  If our software works without issue with FSUIPC not loaded, then that indicates that FSUIPC is doing something that the sim doesn't like when you build a flight plan in our GNS units.

We are in full compliance with the sim's SDK and don't use any hacks/hooks/whatever.  We do that intentionally, so that we know that our code isn't invasive.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It is quite literally out of our hands.  There is nothing in our software that's actually crashing.  If our software works without issue with FSUIPC not loaded, then that indicates that FSUIPC is doing something that the sim doesn't like when you build a flight plan in our GNS units.

We are in full compliance with the sim's SDK and don't use any hacks/hooks/whatever.  We do that intentionally, so that we know that our code isn't invasive.

Ok thanks ED.  I just want to point out that this was happening in both fsx-se and p3dv3.. so it is not isolated to LM

I do not have enough knowledge of fsuipc 4.9 to determine a workaround other than to go into the module folder and rename the fsuipc .dll  file to something so that it does not load.  Maybe someone here can assist because i cannot be the only one who has purchased your software that has experienced this issue

Please advise and maybe you have discussed this with others who has figured this out

Peter

First, there's a thread right under yours... same issue.  Same result.

Second, if there were a solution, I would have already told you.

The only person who can figure this out doesn't work for Mindstar Aviation.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have been informed that Lockheed-Martin may have provided a correction regarding this. Further information when I have it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have been informed that Lockheed-Martin may have provided a correction regarding this. Further information when I have it.

thank you ed ,,, that would be very constructive and helpful.. maybe i can also apply it to fsx-se.

lets see how it goes.. let me know what you might have something   Pete

I do not believe you can apply Lockheed-Martin code changes to FSX.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Using P3D v3.4 I've just installed the latest GNS 1.08.0021 (04Dec) and unfortunately there is still a CTD on entering a flight plan.
Hopefully LM have a fix soon to resolve this. Gary

Until Lockheed-Martin provides a fix, I can offer you the following thanks to Pete Dowson working with us:

Download this version of FSUIPC: http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4958d.zip

There are two new FSUIPC.INI entries supported:

ProvideAIdata=Yes
ProvideAIairports=No
This should prevent the crashing until such time as there is a proper fix.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69