Sign in to follow this  
Claudie42

License and users with multiple PCs that you plan

Bonjour ,

It would really intéréssant you put in place a system to disable our license when we need to make simulation on another PC.
Example: I have a cockpit simulator and I have a second PC or I use the simulator to test scenes, of planes, various addons.

If you plan on central Vtx a deactivation button 'des logiciels' use on our Pc or we are, for allow us to reactivate our account on another PC.

Vrs Simulation uses this technique and really  this is  great. there is no need to contact the sav for reactivation and everyone he is satisfied.

This afternoon, for example, I wanted to test 'chaseplane' on my Cockpit and it was impossible. I have a  emailed the service I  must So the answer. many of time lost, while with a simple activation-desactivation button would solve the problem.

What do you think ?

I have a similar situation: I'm running FSX-Steam Edition on two computers -- but always one at a time. Most manufacturers are willing to allow their products on both machines under a single license fee. Hopefully ChasePlane will be like that.

it would really be more than normal, from the moment there is no 2 PC running the same software at the same time.
Vrs practical simulation in this way and it's perfect.

I'm pretty sure that Chase Plane allows you to deactivate the license in VFX, and reactivate it on another PC.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Are you sure?
Explain how then do because since Friday, I tried this, but I have not found the disable option.
I  have' chaplane' reinstalled on my PC Cockpit, and my PC test whereI have installed chaseplan he  was closed.
 And on 2° pc Cokpit the connection to my views was denied. Error message: Please contact your service.

since Friday always no answer !

I got home and retrieved the email from FSFX regarding licenses.  Here is what is says:

As of December 18th, we have a new activation/licensing policy that is way more permissive for our customer than before. 

You need 1 licence per computer. (This never changed)

On VFXCentral the licence will be valid regardless of hardware change and operating system reinstall as long as this is the same computer. 

In case of a new computer purchase we will allow you to transfer your licence to another computer 4 time a year (1 time each 3 months). We consider this delay more than enough for the best gamer wanting to stay uptodate with the latest computer out there.

In your case it should recognize your pc as the same but if you changed some hardware/software it may be consider as a new pc.

For this time, as an exception, I have reset the activation so you can use your product again.

Enjoy!

----------------------

So, as of right now, the answer would be one computer, with one swap allowed per year.  This sounds very reasonable to me... as a long time user of many 3rd party products, Chase Plane is right in line with the vast majority of them.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

thank you for your information, it's very nice :smile:
but still they are not correct, this should be clearly  writting on the site at the time of paying the product.

this should be clearly writting on the site at the time of paying the product.

Forgive me , but do other developers do this?  I've only seen specifics related to this in the EULAs. For reference, I have a ton of addons for FSX/P3D.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

I have a single computer. On it I dual boot into either W7 or W10, both of which have a copy of FSX installed. Obviously, there is no possibility of my using both simultaneously. Can I therefore run CP in both environments, or are you saying that a second license would be required for the same machine?

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

On it I dual boot into either W7 or W10

I had the same thing for a little while, and it caused a problem with CP registration.

Just curious, any reason you're hanging onto Windows 7?

Dave Hodges

The words that Keven quoted were "activated on a single computer", which is what I have — hence my question, since I have a concern that the requirement for holding CP's settings only on their servers does already suggest an excessive imposition of anti-piracy measures at the expense of user convenience: something which would be unfortunate, to say the least.

> "Just curious, any reason you're hanging onto Windows 7?"

<grin> Were it not so I would hardly have gone to the trouble of arranging the dual boot.   ;-)

(On a different topic, the red 'Interested in joining OVPA?' button on the OVPA web site is broken).

Cheers,

Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

I have been unable to transfer my license to my new PC build.  I have been trying to work with Micheal, but he keeps insisting that my product was installed. Perhaps when I click the "install" button, my PC pings your server, but the install does not complete.  I feel like you are assuming that I'm am trying to illegally install multiple copies of ChasePlane, but I'm not.  I'm just trying to install this awesome product on my new PC.

Immediately, after I click "install" a dialog box comes up and says that I've exceeded my maximum installs.  But it's not installed!!??

I paid for the product, I'm trying to abide by the rules, but I don't know how to prove to you that Chaseplane is NOT installed...  :sad:

I'm beginning to seriously regret building the new PC...  

Windows 10... :Devil:

Driver issues with intel ethernet adapter (fixed)

Driver issues with Thrustmaster Warthog (broken)

Driver issues with TrackIR (fixed)

:help:

O.K. Many thanks to Michael for putting up with me as I worked through this.  Possibly, an update to my BIOS and some other driver additions made VFXCentral think it was on a different computer.

In the end Michael kindly reset my license (again) and I completely uninstalled VFXCentral before re-installing and then installing ChasePlane.