Sign in to follow this  
Gazman93

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED I get this when i go on the PMDG website how do i fix it?

Hi everyone im trying to get on to the pmdg website but when i go on there i get this error (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED). I have tried different browsers but i get the same and this is only one my main pc, as my laptop and phone can get on to the website fine. Even for my pc i have tried cleaning the browsers data and turning off my antivirus but nothing works. So is there away to fix it or not? As if i cant then i just got the 777 planes that dont work.

From Gary Woods 

Try your dns cache. Google "reset dns" without quotes and give that a try.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi everyone im trying to get on to the pmdg website but when i go on there i get this error (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED). I have tried different browsers but i get the same and this is only one my main pc, as my laptop and phone can get on to the website fine. Even for my pc i have tried cleaning the browsers data and turning off my antivirus but nothing works. So is there away to fix it or not? As if i cant then i just got the 777 planes that dont work.

From Gary Woods 

HOSTS file issue.

Google "find hosts file" (and add your operating system version at the end - Win 7/10/XP/etc) and follow the directions. There will probably be a line in there referring to precisionmanuals.com. Delete the lines. If you do find the lines in there, it would be nice to know how they got in there. We don't add them, so...something else is.

Kyle Rodgers

Gary-

Then, just out of curiosity- it would be refreshing to hear how it is you wind up having a HOSTS file that points to a bogus DNS instead of our site?

Not many reasons to do that... and the reasons that exist are all pretty shady.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hey guys thanks for the help the host file was it. And well just thinking of it now my friend gave me a copy of his 777 and said they he paid for them and was letting me have a go before i buy them as my job at the time was not a good paying one. But that was at the start of the year and at june a did a new build so i did not have the planes no more and lost in touch with this friend so when i got in to a better job and was to able to buy the plans i found out what problem that i had. So im sorry if i have done anything wrong it just shows what a bad friend i had so im really sorry again. 

Gary Woods