Sign in to follow this  
Noel

CAREFUL: using FTX Central kills your ability to make specific regions or global active

I do see the problem because deactivating the scenerys does not deactivate the multitude of elevation adjustment files in scenery/world/scenery. You have to rename them to deactivate them. This is something ftx central should do. It is really a shame that there is no option for it.

Thank you.  ORBX says they've had enough complaints about this that they are re-adding the ability to activate regions or Global Only.  It absolutely matters and they just didn't understand why.

Salsero, can you see a way for me to get back to Global Only w/o a complete reinstall?

havnt  had  any issues  at all  one of the best things  orbx  have  done,  don t have  to open up  ftx   central   to change  regions  which was  a pain,  can fly  anywhere  and  don't  have  to worry  about  using  ftx  central  anymore.

The  new  ftx  v2  and  v3  there is  no option  to change  region  hence  the migration  so  the topic  is  misleading  and  hence  that's  why there  are insertion points  option  in the  ftx central  all explained  in the manual   and  orbx  forum

Show me one segment in the manual that explains how to run Global Only.  The 'pain' you refer to was a case of opening FTX and clicking Global Only or selecting which entire entire continents you wanted to become active.  This 'pain' compares w/ what it takes to go into the scenery library and uncheck all regions you don't want active and then have to screw w/ the corrupted elevation changes?  Bologna!

Right now I'm at a loss to pick up where I left off beyond doing a complete reinstall of everything then installing Global Only and parking all of the regions I paid for until ORBX restores full functionality.   I do VFR and lighter local props now and again in the various sceneries I paid for, but 85% of the time it's FSCaptain flying PMDG 737 & 777.  My SB-E/GTX Titan can handle these only when using Global.  I fly almost daily doing this and as of yesterday, it's effectively over until I can get back to Global Only.  Yes, I'm miffed and well have a right to be.   My bad was assuming ORBX would not do this else I would have NOT done the migration.  The reason I got tempted and went ahead w/ it was I wanted to do some local flying. 

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Why misleading? 

As the question of the day is going to Central 3 and OrbXDirect or not, it is misleading to present the absence of switching as something new. 

This issue (if there is one which is debatable as you can switch off regions with a simple manipulation without any terrain corruption or a launcher...) has nothing to do with version 3 of FTX Central. The ability to switch was lost with version 2 some months back when the new unified LClookup was introduced. I certainly am among those who don't regret a minute that wretched switching !

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Instead of switching between regions and Global, one could easily define and save a couple of profiles for the graphics settings. It's easy to change the active profile - it can even be done in game without restarting the simulator.

As the question of the day is going to Central 3 and OrbXDirect or not, it is misleading to present the absence of switching as something new. 

This issue (if there is one which is debatable as you can switch off regions with a simple manipulation without any terrain corruption or a launcher...) has nothing to do with version 3 of FTX Central. The ability to switch was lost with version 2 some months back when the new unified LClookup was introduced. I certainly am among those who don't regret a minute that wretched switching !

Nothing to add. I have been using SimStarter for switching off regions before and after the FTX Central 3 transition, nothing changed.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Going to FTX Central 3 or not may be your 'Question of the Day',  but it was not the point being made by the OP.  Posts on this forum are for any reasonable topic within the general forum heading, not just those that other people regard as 'topical'.

Whether there is an issue or not,  is a matter of differing views between users. You are clearly happy with what Orbx has done. Many others are not happy with the way the changes were  implemented. What some people regard as a practical workaround, others regard as an irritating nuisance .Personally I think Orbx produce some quite good products, but I don't like their arrogant attitude, which is reflected in their own support forums

Hopefully this current issue will be sorted quickly. 

John B

Going to FTX Central 3 or not may be your 'Question of the Day',  but it was not the point being made by the OP.  Posts on this forum are for any reasonable topic within the general forum heading, not just those that other people regard as 'topical'.

Whether there is an issue or not,  is a matter of differing views between users. You are clearly happy with what Orbx has done. Many others are not happy with the way the changes were  implemented. What some people regard as a practical workaround, others regard as an irritating nuisance .Personally I think Orbx produce some quite good products, but I don't like their arrogant attitude, which is reflected in their own support forums

Hopefully this current issue will be sorted quickly. 

whatever you say  :rolleyes:  ...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

ORBX says they've had enough complaints about this that they are re-adding the ability to activate regions or Global Only.

Grateful if someone could direct to where Orbx have stated their intention to reinstate this feature to FTXC.  Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Grateful if someone could direct to where Orbx have stated their intention to reinstate this feature to FTXC.  Thanks

Bruceb

124771-until-the-capability-is-added-back-to-ftx-how-can-i-restore-global-only

I'm not looking so much for activating any one region in isolation, but instead being able to make Global Only an option because that is what I need to be able to run PMDG products in the US West Coast areas.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm not looking so much for activating any one region in isolation, but instead being able to make Global Only an option because that is what I need to be able to run PMDG products in the US West Coast areas.

Thanks, that is precisely what I would like to have too. Hopefully orbx will deliver on this.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."