Sign in to follow this  
Avantime

What happened to Captainsim?

It seems like a long time has passed since their last product, does anyone know what happened to them?

Good question!

Edit: I checked the CS Website. Preview category is not working, no schedules, Forum is quiet... I dont think there is that much activity over there.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I asked on their Facebook page whats going on. Seems like they have packed it in. The response was

""Please stay tuned for news".   Interpret that as you will

I was kinda prodding for any news on an updated 767/757 seeing as our FSX/P3D sim world is severely lacking in a modern up to date one. Im flying in Xplane for that reason as Flight Factor has 2 really decent ones.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

FF767 is gorgeous. I sincerely doubt CS will ever match it :(

One can at least dream.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Moved from the FSX Forum as I could see no relationship....

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's like Captain Sim has faded into obscurity along with Level-D. Such a shame!

Still waiting for Level-D's 757 to come out. lol

Still waiting for Level-D's 757 to come out. lol

You have a long wait, brother.  Even Daryl has admitted its on the back burner, indeterminately delayed.

spacer.png

You have a long wait, brother.  Even Daryl has admitted its on the back burner, indeterminately delayed.

Yeah, I've been waiting since 2011. At this point it's looking like it will not come out for a long time if ever.

If they are out of business, they did a pretty good job to tidy up their room:

Their least-liked B777 has received a couple of updates which make it at least flyable and enjoyable.

And they released a beautiful Tristar.

Kinda sad, I had just started to like them ...

There not gone... they have always done this many times before they stay quite for awhile and surprise us with a new aircraft or updates.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Taxi2Gate is another one. Such a shame as they produced good stuff. Were working on an all new LFPG. They finally posted a brief comment on FB they are still around but take that with a grain of salt.

Eric 

Since this wasn't a request for support thought it was best in the Hangar Chat.  Something you would ask as you go into the hangar and ask a bunch of guys/gals.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FSX is over 10 years old now so developers in time will either lose interest or other things happen like new jobs, kids, marriages, divorces etc etc etc. That is life as we pass through new phases in life.

New people always come along with new initiatives

Matthew Kane

I recently (this past September) had to reinstall my CS C-130, and ran into a small licensing snag in the process - their support was right there ready to help. They may be quiet, but they are still around!