Sign in to follow this  
harrry

big change for orbyx many hours for us

The change  to Orbyx new version seems to have been well planned at the  orbyx side.  Lets face it.  the prime benificiary is Orbyx as we do lose the ability to control our sim and what it selected on it.

My big gripe is support.  Ben has obviously been killing himself with trying to cover the whole support area so my gripe is not with him.  It seems however orbx has considered a five day week applies and I see support questions have not been answered all weekend.  Obviously not enough support staff were trained and provided.  

Orbyx may complain about the cost but the cost to them pales against the time we have spent.  If they had to pay for that it would bankrupt them.

One day I may have my FSX steam working for a little while.  I hope so.

Harry Woodrow

Just so you know it's ORBX not Orbyx.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Whatever it is it is it's treatment of its customers that matter.  That may be the least bad name it is called.

Harry Woodrow

Not sure what you are referring to about lose the ability to control our sim and what it selected on it. I updated to FTXC v3 on day 1 and it's been fine.

On top of that, it's typical of most devs to not offer support on weekends.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Most devs do not do a rollout of this magnitude.  

I wonder how many of these people requesting support even bothered to look at the step by step instructions first?

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

I wonder how many posters check if this situation is covered in the step by step support before criticizing.  :)

Harry Woodrow

Considering your attitude, I wonder how many posters really care :Cuppa:

• Upvote 2

WAT1460.png

I'm not really sure what you are complaining about. I'm a customer of ORBX since their FS9 freeware VOZ days way back in 2006, have almost all of their products and whenever I needed support, I got it swiftly. And if it was a weekend and I had to wait for an answer for a day or two, so what. Still much much better and much more personal than calling a helpline and being put on an endless loop in order to be connected later to someone in a foreign country who is only trained to answer standard questions.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

the prime benificiary is Orbyx as we do lose the ability to control our sim and what it selected on it.

Anybody using OrbX sceneries can immediately see the obvious benefit for him/her to have FTXC v3 installed and do upgrades/installs with OrbXDirect. No unwrapping, no codes to find in an archived email, no triple entries to validate the install and an automatic install. You click a couple of times, that's it. Also, I don't see that I lost any ability to control my sim compared to the precedent situation (FSS and C2) !

My big gripe is support.  Ben has obviously been killing himself with trying to cover the whole support area so my gripe is not with him.  It seems however orbx has considered a five day week applies and I see support questions have not been answered all weekend.  Obviously not enough support staff were trained and provided.  

Orbyx may complain about the cost but the cost to them pales against the time we have spent.  If they had to pay for that it would bankrupt them.

One day I may have my FSX steam working for a little while.  I hope so.

I don't clearly see the benefit for you to rant here compared to send a support ticket to Ben at OrbXDirect which is the way to go, better than posting IMHO as people tend to scatter their requests over several of their forums.

The only issue I had was, like some, not to receive the first validation email for my account. Ben manually activated it few hours after I sent my support ticket. Stellar support if I consider he sent it at 2:37 am in his local time. After that the licence transfer took me the best part of 1 minute, not "many hours". 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I installed ORBX in both FSX-MS and FSX-SE and they both work.

I even chose to reinstall FSX-MS from scratch, and the ORBX part of it went smoothly and efficiently, mainly because FTX-Central (it was still v2 then, not yet v3) did a heck of a job to check for updates, update on its own, to advise where other updates could be found (in my FSS account and/or at the FTX support page). It even auto-migrated every batch of ORBX titles once I had them installed.

Couldn't complain less ...

A support ticket was lodged as have been many others.  In three days only about 6 technical  problems have been answered of about 8 pages.  I am customer.  I paid money and because of his upgrade my sim is unuseable.  Fine this happens but should be resolved more quickly.  Resources should have been made available to ensure this.  I am not blaming Ben.

• Upvote 1

Harry Woodrow

For those whose insttallations work....great I am pleased for you but before you criticise me look at the support forum and see how many red there are and how many green(answered)/

Harry Woodrow

A support ticket was lodged as have been many others.  In three days only about 6 technical  problems have been answered of about 8 pages.  I am customer.  I paid money and because of his upgrade my sim is unuseable.  Fine this happens but should be resolved more quickly.  Resources should have been made available to ensure this.  I am not blaming Ben.

8 pages of problems just because of this new installer?! My friend, it seems as though something else is severely wrong with your sim/system or the error may be human. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I think it is more like something is wrong with the update.  Not all systems of course.  It may be that no support questions are being answered because Ben is working on a hotfix.  I hope so.  If that is the case and we had been told I would wait patiently however the ratio of answered to unanswered tickets shows something.

Harry Woodrow