Sign in to follow this  
pcsimulators

REX Worldwide airports - is it worth buying?

been  lots of   threads  and  post  about  this 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Seems to me you're missing the point. The REX textures replaces the global airport textures, not the custom textures for custom buildings. The airports which you have used in this review have mostly custom buildings.Try airports with no custom buildings and see the transformation - It is significant! 

• Upvote 2

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

My question about REX WW airports: does the Eula allow installing on the owners 2 installations (in my case a desktop and a laptop install of FSX)? 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I would have thought that this product would enhance the textures at Paris Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam Schiphol. Aren't these default airports?

EDIT: Ah, I see that Reed has explained in another thread that the 20 custom airports that Microsoft included in FSX have not yet been modified.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ah, I see that Reed has explained in another thread that the 20 custom airports that Microsoft included in FSX have not yet been modified.

They are  working  to update these 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My opion is quite different. I have REX 4 textures and the weather architect, which I tried a couple times in 6 months. I love the rex 4 textures and was expecting something fantastic for general aviation airports. When I used to fly in real life years ago I did not fly large aircraft thus I rarely fly into something large. KCNO Chino shows there work in HD airports to a point but 102 Lampson or KMIC or many others the building s make NO sense as there might be a hanger with no large doors but just 36" entry doors on a couple sides. Also I noticed it takes a small terminal and cuts the windows off on top and bottom. The HIGH DEFINITION pictures??????  cannot even read the few signs on the buildings NOTHING like ANY Orbx add-on. I realize it uses stock MS airport stuff but to me is a complete FLOP with small general airports.  I would wait till something happens before buying UNLESS it is larger airports you fly into. ALSO the Rex 4 textures take care of ALL lights, runways , signs, taxiways and worked just fine. The choice is LESS in HD airports and looks like REX 4 does not exist in these areas. I unchecked them afterwards in rex 4 , not that it made any difference. I downloaded the Orbx freeware world wide airports maybe a year ago and it really dressed up some of these general aviation airports. I had unchecked it in Scenery and reactivated it after my disappointment in HD airports. For instance KMIC hangers in Orbx freeware are ALL PROPORTIONAL and the panels look JUST as detailed. Perhaps a TOUCH less. Rex management in a press conference on youtube mentioned they would be continually fixing things as they were noticed. So I am just pointing out some facts so you can make an informed decision and might wait till some more opinions either confirm or show otherwise. I use megascenery in 11 states I normally would fly WITH Nuevecta

Treeline. I have Orbx Southern Alaska and pacific fjords and Orbx . 

My quess. I have been using flight simulation since 1998 and I believe the people at Rex are very honest and caring, so...I think many others will point out the same dissapointments along with those who use larger airports that love it...and I think that this WILL come to there attention and because they care I think they will find some fixes...IN THE FUTURE...when????

The HIGH DEFINITION pictures?????? cannot even read the few signs on the buildings NOTHING like ANY Orbx add-on. I realize it uses stock MS airport stuff but to me is a complete FLOP with small general airports.

Can you  post some  pictures  to show  your issues

Peter kelberg