Sign in to follow this  
fabristunt

GNS 430 FPL Crash

I updated to P3d 3.4 by uninstalling the previous version and doing a full install.

When installing this GPS, I'm facing a problem: The installation reported a problem with the gauge CANCEL\gauges\gaugemapmpi.bin. I tried to use it anyway, but it crashed everytime I tried to enter a waypoint in the FPL. Api.dll crash

I then uninstalled and deleted manually the remaining gauges and the following reinstallation reported no problems, but the issue is still there!

One more thing: the RealNav Data Updater says the 1610 cycle is already installed. However, during the GPS startup it shows the old default airac cycle as installed. If I reinstall the 1610 cycle using the Updater, it then shows them as installed in the GPS startup screen.

This however does not fix it! If I enter a waypoint in the FPL or try to set up a DCT TO one of the nearest airports it still makes P3D crash.

How do I fix this? I'm assuming something is still there from the old installation, something related to the airac database I think, but I don't know where to find it so that I can remove it manually.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

You are running the sim by right clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator"?

You are not using third party scenery updates for ILS/runways?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You are running the sim by right clicking and selecting "Run As Administrator"?

Yes, and there's only one account on my computer so it shouldn't make any difference

You are not using third party scenery updates for ILS/runways?

What are you referring to? If you mean global updates like this http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html then no, I've never tried it.

If you mean addon scenery with updated frequencies for one airport, then yes. Same as before the update, when it all worked.

Where are the RealNav Data files stored? The problem must be that they didn't completely delete when uninstalling.

Fabrizio Barbierato

RealNav isn't installed into the sim.  The sim would never, ever know of it's existence.

Do you have FSUIPC installed?  If so, disable it and see if you still crash.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

RealNav isn't installed into the sim.  The sim would never, ever know of it's existence.

But the RealNav Updater does. It says 1610 is already installed when it's not. Where?

Do you have FSUIPC installed?  If so, disable it and see if you still crash.

Yes I do, but that's hardly a solution. It has always worked before. 

I'm confident that the problem is tied to the RealNav stuff. I'll ask again: where is it so that i can remove it manually?

Fabrizio Barbierato

Without FSUIPC the sim doens'nt crash. However, the RealNav thingh still says I have 1610 when I have not.

How to fix this? I obviously need FSUIPC.

Edit: I was using  FSUIPC4 4.957

I updated it to  FSUIPC4 4.958 but the issue is still there. I removed the GNS and I'm waiting for a solution.

Fabrizio Barbierato

There will be no solution from us as our software isn't crashing.  If a solution is provided by either FSUIPC or Lockheed-Martin... then there will be one.

As for the 1610, it's installed where it should be, but your GNS might be set to not use RealNav.  But, you removed the GNS, which means... it's a moot point.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Here's what Pete said.

API.DLL? That's definitely within P3D.

I suspect the difference between when FSUIPC is loaded and when not is simply related only to the different memory arrangement. without know if MindStar mke use of API.DLL and how, I can''t suggest reasons, but quite often different memory arrangements make the difference between a bad memory access causing a crash and doing little or no harm.

FSUIPC does have access to API.DLL -- it has to put hooks into it for two things:

1. Mouse macros, to intercept the mouse action when making a macro, and
2. for the optional (defaulted off) imConnect text and menu redirection to WideFS clients.

Nothing else.  Assuming you haven't enabled (2), that just leaves the Mouse macro facility. See if that works with and without the Mindstar stuff enabled. Maybe they are hacking into the same area.

Pete

I disabled the mouse macro function (I wasn't using it on the Aircraft I use the GNS 430 on anyway) but it still crashes.

Fabrizio Barbierato

More on this:

The fact that it still crashes with no API.DLL involvement by FSUIPC whatsoever (thought I can't see confirmation of this because of you starting a new log and losing that information) indicates it is definitely a problem between Mindstar and P3D's API.DLL -- probablty one of them having an uninitialised variable or bad pointer.

Fabrizio Barbierato

Except we don't call anything from the API.DLL.  At all.  In fact, all of our code is 100% SDK compliant.

I stand by my statement that the issue is between FSUIPC and Prepar3D.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I have been informed that a possible solution has been suggested by Lockheed-Martin. Further information when I have it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69