bernd1151

Key West to St. Maarten

Key West from Latin VFR

St. Maarten from Fly Tampa

CLS B-742

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Along the eastern coast of Dom. Rep. (which looks a bit dull just with ORBX Global and Vector)

4.jpg

5.jpg

We deviate a bit from our flight plan in order to have a closer look at St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

6.jpg

On to St. Maarten

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I see light and dark rings on a few of your water shots. I had a similar issue in P3D with a REX texture.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Spectacular island scenery and love the Queen!

HLJAMES

Thank you very much gents

I see light and dark rings on a few of your water shots. I had a similar issue in P3D with a REX texture.

Thanks for the comment, odourboy. I have REX Essentials Plus for P3D. I have already tried to alter some of my water settings, but to no avail. What did you do to get rid of them?

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Why are there two overlapping shadows of the Queen in the third to last screenshot?

Why are there two overlapping shadows of the Queen in the third to last screenshot?

I'm going to guess that the FlyTampa scenery is trying to simulate the effect of the airplane's shadow on the surface of the water and also on the seafloor below. I've never been, but I would imagine the water down there at St. Maartin is nice and clear and in the shallows of the beach area, that sort of effect may be quite pronounced in real life.

Or something's messed up with the scenery. :)

I'm going to guess that the FlyTampa scenery is trying to simulate the effect of the airplane's shadow on the surface of the water and also on the seafloor below. I've never been, but I would imagine the water down there at St. Maartin is nice and clear and in the shallows of the beach area, that sort of effect may be quite pronounced in real life.

Or something's messed up with the scenery. :)

Thank you Greg, I think that the first part of your explanation is the answer. If there would be a scenery issue, I would most probably also see some of it on land, but there was nothing

Thank you very much gents

Thanks for the comment, odourboy. I have REX Essentials Plus for P3D. I have already tried to alter some of my water settings, but to no avail. What did you do to get rid of them?

It's discussed in this thread on the P3D support forum:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=116368&hilit=Light+dark+water

I reverted to the default P3D version in place of the offending REX texture: OceanHeight20FieldLayer5.dds and my water rings were gone.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thank you Greg, I think that the first part of your explanation is the answer. If there would be a scenery issue, I would most probably also see some of it on land, but there was nothing

+1

Very nice, good to see something old!

Darryl

Again a great flight. #3 is just awesome.

But weren't you just a little too high to satisfy the spotters at Maho Beach?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Love that United livery :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick