Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Drzewiecki Design -60% at Simmarket

Do these airports have P3Dv3 installer support or do you need migration tool or FSX/P3Dv2 installed?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

How does Warsaw and Warsaw city perform?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Is everybody happy and satisfied with KJFK scenery?

Um...it looks decent...far better than default.  I haven't flown it in a while.  I'm not a huge FSDT fan but I've heard their JFK is significantly better.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I got their New York airport series for P3Dv2 some time ago - and did not purchase any other product from them afterwards. While looking decent (one could debate the color of apron night lighting, IMO) these addons are resource hungry and do not perform well (IMO)

Now, the New York area is a resource black whole as such, I know....

But anyway, it sort of kept me away from purchasing more of their sceneries; maybe I should give them a another chance?

Edit:

I'm not a huge FSDT fan but I've heard their JFK is significantly better.

Yes, I can confirm that. Owning both, in my opinion, too, the FSDT v2 version of JFK, outperforms and looks much better than the Drzewiecki version.

Cheers

Frank

• Upvote 1

I got their New York airport series for P3Dv2 some time ago - and did not purchase any other product from them afterwards. While looking decent (one could debate the color of apron night lighting, IMO) these addons are resource hungry and do not perform well (IMO)

That's true, but as you said,  just about any airport in the NYC area is going to be a dog, because the CPU gets whacked with the triple whammy of building autogen, AI traffic and a fancy 3rd party airport. You want to really see barking? Buy either FlyTampa's Chicago Midway  or FSDT's KBWI and use the 2015 AIG  Southwest schedules/models  combined with another traffic addon w/o SWA. That's just the nature of ESP-based flight sims.

I like Drzewiecki Design, they (or he?) make good quality airports that other developers just look past. How would've made Tallinn, Baku or Chisinau if DD didn't? They are not quite FlyTampa but they do make far above average quality scenery. Their airports offers tremendous value for money though, usually if the airport is close to a city (which they usually are) DD models the whole city too. Baku, Tallinn, Krakow, Chisinau just to name a few, all have their respective cities included with photoreal and seasonal textures. Baku X comes with photoscenery for the whole country, some people have complained that it is very low-res photoscenery and it kind of is but how often does a developer include photoreal of A WHOLE COUNTRY with their airports? Besides, imagine the download size if it was high-res photoscenery of a whole country. Their Moscow X scenery is amazing, all that stuff included and with such great performance, it's a steal at 60% off as is most of the other DD airports too. I wouldn't recommend the New York airports though, not because they are bad but because of the performance hit of just being in the New York area is bad enough with ANY add-on airport there. Oh! and DD also includes optional high-quality static aircraft for most, if not all, of their airports for those of us who don't care for AI traffic, you can have AI traffic on with the static planes too though.

Bottom line, if you like "uncommon" destinations with a lot of value packed in then, especially at 60% off (I wish I didn't already have most of the DD airports) it's a steal. I love Chisinau X, can't quite put my finger on it really, might be that cool tower and those lovely old soviet era static planes. It costs 10.42€ right now, that's ridiculous! Hope this helps!

Cheers!/Andreas

I almost missed one question, yes, most of their airports have native P3Dv3 installation/compatibility. At simmarket you can check the product requirement at the bottom of the product page to see if it is P3Dv3 compatible. I'm pretty sure the New York airports aren't P3Dv3 compatible yet nor are Polish Airports vol.2 and 3.

I like Drzewiecki Design, they (or he?) make good quality airports that other developers just look past. How would've made Tallinn, Baku or Chisinau if DD didn't? They are not quite FlyTampa but they do make far above average quality scenery. Their airports offers tremendous value for money though, usually if the airport is close to a city (which they usually are) DD models the whole city too.

Oh, I acknowledge and appreciate their work very much, as I do for mostly all other addon developers, too. I like La Guardia and Newark (that's why I got their New York series in the first place) and if there would not be JFK from FSDT I would still have Drzewiecki Designs' JFK version active.

The only other thing I'd like to say about the installer that comes with the New York series from Drzewiecki Designs is that it altered my Prepar3D.cfg file to suit their needs without asking me.

They tell you about that in the manual. But as so often, the manual ends up on your HDD after the install (and in that case after the settings were made). I was not too happy to chase after them to revert my settings back to what I preferred.

I do not know if this behaviour is common to all Drzewiecki installers, but changing parameters in main configuration files is definitely something I would recommend to let the customer decide upon (suggest, yes; but automatic setting on install time, no).

Anyway, it's not a tragedy if you know what you need to look for (or have a backup of the cfg files) in order to go back.

And it does not negatively influence the quality of their scenery; it's just a bit annoying.

Regards

Frank

Has anyone tried Moscow for FSX?   The pics look gorgeous, but I have a feeling it will be OOM city if I try flying their in my faithful PMDG777 from far away.

Andrew Jones

Gregg,

Thanks for answer in KJFK scenery.

I own Drzewiecki Designs' KLGA scenery which worked well in my 5 year old laptop with 2 GB dedicated video ram.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

I have UUEE, Chisinau and (since yesterday) EPWA and EETN. All look great and perform very well on my not very sophisticated system (GTX 670). I particularly like Chisinau (and Tallin) for the city modelling.

Some of their stuff is only available for P3D v1, so make sure to check the system requirements before you buy.

I have avoided any NYC scenery because the area performs badly on my system even with default airports.

Peter

I have avoided any NYC scenery because the area performs badly on my system even with default airports.

I have it in it's own SimStarter profile...I only load it under very certain circumstances.  Even flying 6 miles above it in a jetliner can run me out of VAS.

Gregg Seipp

FSDT did Baltimore?

Looks like they're working on it.  I'd heard somebody was.

Gregg Seipp