Sign in to follow this  
Roy3103

Drop in Frame rate when using mouse

Hello,

First of all I need to say it's a great add-on.

The bug that I have is that when I want to use my mouse to scroll the speed or altitude bug or want to use it to do other things the frame rate drops. It's like the sim freezes. With the Aerosoft Airbus I haveca steady 50 to 60 frames but as soon I use my mouse the frames drop to 10/15 and the mouse doesn't go fluently to the place I want to point at. When I stop using my mouse the frames go back to 50/60. It also occurs with the PMDG 777 but the frames don't drop that much, from 45/50 to 25/30. I did a lot of tests and it only occurs when CP is active.

Windows 10 64bit

Asus Maximus HeroVIII

Asus GTX 1070 Strix

Intel I7 6700 at 4.8ghz

32gb Dominators DDR4 at 2400Mhz

P3D 3.3

An other thing is not a bug but I find it annoying that you need to have a internet connection to have CP working. It means that if I don't have a connection, like today, I can't use it.

Roy

Hi Roy,

Can you confirm that the mouse issue is only happening when CP is running?

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes I can.

I start up the sim and CP. In the beginning of the flight its ok but after 15 minutes in flight its getting worse and worse. Even when I close down the sim and CP my mouse is still reacting strange and not fluently. 

This only happens when I use or when I used CP

Hi Roy,

There are more pressing issues right now. We will let you know through the Changelog if we find/fix anything.

Best Regards,

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Try to uninstall chaseplane, and reinstall it. I had a similar issue and that fixed it. 

I will try that later,

Thank you

Alternatively, test with another mouse. That will eliminate the possibility that your particular make of mouse is the issue.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I tried it but it didn't help.

Looks like I have to wait till they figured it out

Thanks for response though

So in the mean time I tested it with a non gaming mouse and that seems to be working, I will test some more though.

Now, if this is really the problem what to do to fix this? Is there anything I can do or do I leave it to the developers?

Mouse that give problems: Corsair M65 RGB

This is a common problem with P3D/FSX. I tried P3D 3.3.5 on my system and it still happens. For some, the mouse issue doesn't affect them or very little. 

This is a common problem with P3D/FSX. I tried P3D 3.3.5 on my system and it still happens. For some, the mouse issue doesn't affect them or very little. 

Strange though because it only happens when I use Chase Plane

So I tested a bit more.

Before, I was using the usb port in my Corsair keyboard to connect my M65.

Now I plugged my mouse direct in an usb port on my motherboard and that seems to solve the problem.

I will test some more, just in case. 

I will keep on posting my findings in this threat in case other simmers have the same issue.

Greets