Sign in to follow this  
Cristiano Mueller

fsx_se.cfg file not found

Hi guys;

I'm in heaven since saturday, when I bought ChasePlane. After years using Ezdok, finally an excellent alternative. I know it is in Alpha stage, things need to be fixed, etc etc.

What leads me to write is precisely the subject of the title. I just installed version 0.1.34, and when I run FSX:SE I get this message:

"ChasePlane was unable to locate the fsx_se.cfg file for FSX:SE.

Make sure you run the simulator at least once before lauching ChasePlane.

ChasePlane needs to make some modifications in this file in order to work properly."

The problem is: Although I'm running the Steam version, my cfg file is named fsx.cfg. I tried to rename it for "fsx_se.cfg" to see if ChasePlane could find it, but when I run FSX it makes another fsx.cfg. Even running ChasePlane alone, before run FSX, doesn't work.

There is something I can do? Or there is something you can do?

And to finish: outstanding addon!!! Thank you very much!!

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi guys;

I'm in heaven since saturday, when I bought ChasePlane. After years using Ezdok, finally an excellent alternative. I know it is in Alpha stage, things need to be fixed, etc etc.

What leads me to write is precisely the subject of the title. I just installed version 0.1.34, and when I run FSX:SE I get this message:

"ChasePlane was unable to locate the fsx_se.cfg file for FSX:SE.

Make sure you run the simulator at least once before lauching ChasePlane.

ChasePlane needs to make some modifications in this file in order to work properly."

The problem is: Although I'm running the Steam version, my cfg file is named fsx.cfg. I tried to rename it for "fsx_se.cfg" to see if ChasePlane could find it, but when I run FSX it makes another fsx.cfg. Even running ChasePlane alone, before run FSX, doesn't work.

There is something I can do? Or there is something you can do?

And to finish: outstanding addon!!! Thank you very much!!

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I'm having the same problem.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

mhhh, that FSX:SE co-existence thing is stupider than I thought...

Thanks for reporting this guys, we'll go back to the drawing boards

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Me too, just got an update a minute ago, didn't have before. the config file is in the FSX folder not FSX-SE.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I think they will fix it with an update soon. Seems to not affect the operation of the program though. Even though i did notice some of my keycommandsi set have been changed to random keys. Anyone else have that problem??

Yes, same problem here.

Also tried setting Auto start with SE to false in Chaseplane but it doesn't save,  Autro start seems baked in for SE?

Also tried setting Auto start with SE to false in Chaseplane but it doesn't save,  Autro start seems baked in for SE?

Please read the What's New section after every update

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

mhhh, that FSX:SE co-existence thing is stupider than I thought...

Thanks for reporting this guys, we'll go back to the drawing boards

Hi Keven.

For information only, version 0.1.36 alpha and the problem persists.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Just downloaded the update and it can't find the config file...

Are there any config files I can edit to "point" it to my installation? I had a wild time getting the steam edition to install where I wanted, since it seems to want to be under "steamapps"

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

+1 here.

I have only FSX:SE... over a clean W10 installation.

FSX:SE co-existence flag is zero in registry.

chase plane works despite the message... What do I have to set so that it stops checking for the FSX_SE.cfg ?

I have only a fsx.cfg, even though this is steam edition.

chase plane works despite the message... What do I have to set so that it stops checking for the FSX_SE.cfg ?

I have only a fsx.cfg, even though this is steam edition.

Hi Brendan.

Yes, it works. But my question is: is it running 100% on each update? Are these "some modifications" that it can not do, influencing something, however small?

I was thinking: what if the program generates a list with the modifications at fsx.cfg and then we could add them manually?

It would be a solution for now ...

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi Brendan.

Yes, it works. But my question is: is it running 100% on each update? Are these "some modifications" that it can not do, influencing something, however small?

I was thinking: what if the program generates a list with the modifications at fsx.cfg and then we could add them manually?

It would be a solution for now ...

Good point...

I copied the fsx.cfg and renamed the copy fsx_se.cfg - which was seen by the program (and maybe edited). After a brief look however, I can't really see what was edited, but I renamed it back to fsx.cfg and overwrote. Perhaps it's just looking for all iterations, and when it doesn't find one you wouldn't have anyway, it throws the error.