Sign in to follow this  
caaront

What does a 360 controller do with CP? and 1 other ?

I'd like to pan in the outside view for videos, but so far have only figured out to use the UI, which of course pauses the sim when you use it to move the view, maybe the keys on the key board will allow for panning during flight.

And how does a 360 controller work with CP, and what are the advantages or disadvantages of using one?

Thank you.

Aaron Tirrell

Hi Aaron,

I'll start of by asking if you knew you could disable the "pause on task switch" option in FSX? It can be found in the settings.

Mainly, though, I use an XBOX360 controller for CP, and it works very well. I bound the left stick to movement, right to panning/tilting, the trigger axes for up/down, and the d-pad for zoom and roll. I have found it's very useful when you want to do fluid movement, being able to move many axes at once!

Hope this helps.

Max

• Upvote 1

Guest JustanotherPilot

Hi Aaron,

I'll start of by asking if you knew you could disable the "pause on task switch" option in FSX? It can be found in the settings.

Mainly, though, I use an XBOX360 controller for CP, and it works very well. I bound the left stick to movement, right to panning/tilting, the trigger axes for up/down, and the d-pad for zoom and roll. I have found it's very useful when you want to do fluid movement, being able to move many axes at once!

Hope this helps.

Max

Max,

Is the 360 controller in addition to, or replacement of, the normal joystick. Do you use the controller as a dedicated ChasePlane camera views and the joystick for normal aircraft flight?

steve