Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Good FSX bomber/reconnaissance Military Aircrafts?

Hey pilots!

What would you say is a good/the best military bomber or reconnaissance aircraft for fsx?

I already own the A2A B17.

Thanks

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

JustFlight Canberra PR9, JustFlight's in house team did an amazing job on this one.

Depending upon what era and how complex an aircraft you're looking for then Virtavia's XB-70 fits the bill at the lite end of the spectrum for the cheap price. You can see some screenshots of it in the flights I posted in the screenshot forum.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks guys!

Era should be all post WWII. I search more for the complex sim, price doesnt matter much if sim is good. But I already expected that there is not that much out there, hoped anyone has a secret treasure. As I dont like justflight the sortiment gets very small I think.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

virtavia seems to have a lot of interesting bombers but i can't say i've tried them.

glowingheat has a hustler and an sr-71 that also look like they might be pretty good.

i'd love to hear comments if anyone has tried their stuff. 

cheers

-andy crosby

virtavia seems to have a lot of interesting bombers but i can't say i've tried them.

glowingheat has a hustler and an sr-71 that also look like they might be pretty good.

i'd love to hear comments if anyone has tried their stuff. 

cheers

-andy crosby

Ah, I didnt know Glowingheat at all. A nice blackbird would be perfect... but I am not sure about the quality of this one.

Would also like to hear if someone ownes this bird!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

As I dont like justflight the sortiment gets very small I think.

Oh well, It's probably going to be one of the Virtavia "lite" addons then. shame really as the JustFlight Canberra is really one of the few military study sims out there.

It was built by their in house team, it's not the usual  systems lite stuff that Aeroplane heaven churns out for them.

It was built by their in house team, it's not the usual  systems lite stuff that Aeroplane heaven churns out for them.

Hmm I dont like lite sim stuff, I think I will check out youtube and maybe get into the Canberra.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

If you want a non lite military aircraft that carries a lot of bombs but isn't a bomber per se, check out the MV F-4E...  (just saying)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

If you want a non lite military aircraft that carries a lot of bombs but isn't a bomber per se, check out the MV F-4E... (just saying)

Wasn't aware that developers were allowed to advertise in the Avsim forums, things certainly are changing around here.

check out the MV F-4E...

This looks nice! Didnt know that milviz has such a deep simulated bird.(at least it seems so)

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hmm I dont like lite sim stuff, I think I will check out youtube and maybe get into the Canberra.

Better yet, just download the demo

Better yet, just download the demo

I just have seen that there is a demo! I read thru the description.

Awesome, will trie... would be nice to have more demos in FSX world, this could save some bucks. But this is the reason why there are none, in some cases ;-)

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

A mighty fine WW2 recon sim: Aerosoft PBY Catalina X - slow as molasses but excellently modeled flight, VC and navigation systems.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Wasn't aware that developers were allowed to advertise in the Avsim forums, things certainly are changing around here.

I'd hardly call it advertising when someone ASKS for advice...  

• Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.