Sign in to follow this  
UKJim

Middle mouse button panning issue - stuttering in the VC

OK, so this is because the mouse is visible when panning around the cockpit using the middle mouse button.

When panning over VC buttons/dials/switches the mouse sometimes changes form i.e. into a hand. This change in form is causing a stutter. So when you pan from from one side to the other, or on the overhead panel in the VC where there are lots of buttons, the stutters are very noticeable. 

This is not so bad on GA planes and also in the NGX, but in the PMDG 777 it is REALLY bad. 

Would it be possible to have an option to hide the mouse cursor when panning??

Thanks,

• Upvote 2

+1 - The mouse cursor being visible while panning with the middle mouse button pressed is kind of strange.

Wills

Yes, the cursor needs to be disabled when panning around.    This is one of the things I did like in EZDOK is that the cursor would not appear when depressing the middle mouse to pan around.   Can we get that on the Todo list FSPX?

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Have you considered trying TRACKIR then forget mouse controlled panning?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Hate TrackIR personally.  Turning my head while keeping my eyes fixed on the screen in front of me feels too weird and becomes uncomfortable for me personally.  VR will be another story soon.  :)

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

VR will be fine until you have to answer the phone, sip from a cup of coffee or  to converse with someone that wants to communicate with you whilst you are using it! That raises a question that just popped into my head, how does one select any keyboard buttons with a VR headset on?

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

how does one select any keyboard buttons with a VR headset on?

With a lot of determination or by looking through the nose gap on the Oculus hahaha

Hidden cursors while panning will come in Alpha 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I've heard track IR gives you a headache

It does me which is why I can't use it.   It's interesting for sure.   My dad let me play around with his in ARMA 3 combat simulator and it was neat but just feels weird having to keep your eyes glued to the monitor while you turn your head.    I avoided that by having a triple monitor setup, that way you have to turn your head to look like you would but unfortunately way back 4 years ago when I built this rig I didn't do my homework.   It is almost impossible to fly in 5760 x 1080 resolution with hard hitting FPS/Memory hogs like PMDG 737/777 at payware airports and have a smooth flight.   I can do it in smaller aircraft like the Twin Otter and ERJ-145 just fine though.

As far as how do you press the buttons... I think the FlyInside addon has an interface built in where you look at the buttons you want to press and you get some kind of interface selector icon and you can flip the switch by looking at it and pressing a single button that acts like your finger in the VR universe.... I think that's how it works anyway.

100454.png

Brian Navy

Well for chase plane I got mine configured with my joystick and X box controller works fine for me

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM