Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Lear 35A and Fltplan GO...

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up to the Lear guys on my favorite - completely FREE real world Flight Planner/EFB - Fltplan GO works on Apple/Android/PC clients (I use my iPad) - it has connections built in for FSX/Xplane - it includes up to date NAVDATA, Charts, and Approach Plates - the approach plates are fully geo-referenced - it has a built in real world profile for the Lear 35A - - - and did I mention it's completely FREE ? LOL - for the record - I am in no way associated with the company - just one happy camper that finds it hard to believe how much you get for so little... I normally grab all the data from the FltPlan site - plug the real world ATC flight plan into FSBuild for my FS apps - then use FltPlan GO for my moving map EFB for the duration of the flight... Best thing since sliced bread and certainly worth a look...

NOTE: They actually have profiles for just about every GA and Corporate aircraft out there... I use it for all my flights...

Here is my last flight from the weekend with the Flysimware Lear 35A - from Skagit WA to Jackson Hole WY... The actual NAV LOG page is much longer - but this is all I could fit in the screenshot..

1963e92e307c2a22c1723c2fa228c84c_zpsdcqu

5d766c021a7c2b0cf5bde8729893bca5_zpsth4b

NOTE: Just an old example of a "geo-referenced" approach plate - aircraft superimposed on the plate - makes procedures a breeze...

4d58c9ab107ea3a84af85ee38f240e31_zpshlw9

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Anyone know why they seem to restrict this products availability to the US only. Still cannot get from Apple Australia store. Maybe it's to control support issues.

Cheers,

howevr

Hi David,

Oh - sorry - forgot to mention that - it's come up before - not available in all Apple stores... They do have Android and PC clients - not sure if they are available globally... On the website - from experience - they are very receptive and responsive to questions - maybe just drop them a line and ask if you feel it warrants the effort...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Heard back from FltPan. No plans for outside NA. The gist is that users outside NA were confused and frustrated that the app only supported the NA region. Hence FltPlan discontinued availability outside NA.

It seems like a case of the whingeing few spoiling it for the happy many.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

howevr

I use the EFB (Electronic flight bag) from Aivlasoft in order to prepare and manage the navigation for the LJ35A.

It works worldwide in the "Jeppesen" format, but, yes it is a payware withe 30 days free trial...

SID/STAR and approaches are up to date thanks to Navigraph, (which is useful for me as I only fly online on IVAO)

The EFB manage in real time the LJ35 GPS meaning that any modification done on EFB is effective in realtime in the plane. for instance before the TOD, adding a STAR and an approach procedure in the EFB is a piece of cake just like in RW  :wink:

• Upvote 1

si.php?id=1