Sign in to follow this  
Denco

[ Humble Request ] - Improved in game user interface

Hi Dave,

After spending a lot of time using the P2A there is still one thing that seems very inconveniently done. The in-game interface. I don't want to spend too much time describing why I find it poorly done so I'll try and make this quick. 

I've bought an Ultrawide screen monitor which means that now I'm able to use my first monitor as the second which at first seemed great for the program such as P2A. But even after using P2A on my second monitor I'm finding it very distracting needing to look to my right if I want to check anything. I know that now we have the option to detach part of the program and have it displayed on top of the sim, but I find that aesthetically very unpleasing and it's also very distracting since it's basically another window that's being displayed on top of our sim.

BeHSGkM.png

I think that we can get many improvements in this area to make it less obstructive and also offer us more information. The above UI has buttons and areas we don't really need. It's best to use those from inside of the program and not have it obstruct our view. We also have window borders which I find them really really distracting to a point where I simply don't use this feature.

9lnA0QJ.jpg

As in my example above the UI is transparent which makes it less obstructive. We have all the important information displayed and the UI itself can be resized. The only difference now is that the UI probably has to be run from inside the sim instead of a separate window to remove the window borders, but since I know little about the way P2A communicates with the sim I can't say for sure. The UI can also be shown/hidden using a key shortcut.

I'm hoping I'm able to convince you to improve this feature in the future versions.

Kind Regards

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Thanks for the request.  I am always looking to improve the UI.  However, integration into the SIM UI is not in the plan. 

I will add the idea to the future enhancements list and look into what can be done to accomplish the goal at some point in the future..

Dave

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the request.  I am always looking to improve the UI.  However, integration into the SIM UI is not in the plan. 

I will add the idea to the future enhancements list and look into what can be done to accomplish the goal at some point in the future..

Dave

Thank you.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Hello,

Denco...Your second pic...how did you get the UI to be like that as that is exactly what I am looking for..

Dave

That second pic, if Pilot2ATC's interface was like that I would put VoxATC aside forever. better would be the ability to optionally pass the text to a client machine using something like Rob van der wiele's Showtext.

The whole interface is far too intrusive to be comfortable on one monitor.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

I run P2ATC in a second PC and it is much more convenient. I can even use the charts and sometime read instruction when ATC bombarded me with 3 sets instructions at a time in approach. Use the map when see something interesting and want to know what city is that down there. See weather for the destination. P2ATC has so many functions that it would be a shame to hide it in the background of your primary computer.

Works great in FSX but never managed to do it with Xplane. Cannot find how to send the PTT to the second computer with xplane.

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

I'm with Denco, running outside the SIM is pretty much the only thing keeping me from being a customer.  Running in windowed mode is a non-starter for me and I'm not good enough at the ATC comms to completely hide it behind the SIM.

Second computer looks like a possible option but that increases the cost of the product significantly.

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

To piggyback on this topic couldnt we just the info fir p2atc as a window in the aircraft of your choice or will that not work. Sorry for bumping posts.

Hi Dave,

After spending a lot of time using the P2A there is still one thing that seems very inconveniently done. The in-game interface. I don't want to spend too much time describing why I find it poorly done so I'll try and make this quick. 

I've bought an Ultrawide screen monitor which means that now I'm able to use my first monitor as the second which at first seemed great for the program such as P2A. But even after using P2A on my second monitor I'm finding it very distracting needing to look to my right if I want to check anything. I know that now we have the option to detach part of the program and have it displayed on top of the sim, but I find that aesthetically very unpleasing and it's also very distracting since it's basically another window that's being displayed on top of our sim.

BeHSGkM.png

I think that we can get many improvements in this area to make it less obstructive and also offer us more information. The above UI has buttons and areas we don't really need. It's best to use those from inside of the program and not have it obstruct our view. We also have window borders which I find them really really distracting to a point where I simply don't use this feature.

9lnA0QJ.jpg

As in my example above the UI is transparent which makes it less obstructive. We have all the important information displayed and the UI itself can be resized. The only difference now is that the UI probably has to be run from inside the sim instead of a separate window to remove the window borders, but since I know little about the way P2A communicates with the sim I can't say for sure. The UI can also be shown/hidden using a key shortcut.

I'm hoping I'm able to convince you to improve this feature in the future versions.

Kind Regards

+1

Regards,

Richard Portier

• Upvote 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|