Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

Uninstall Instructions

I tried, I really tried.  I know how many people love Ezdok.. I could never get on with it.. I had high hopes that ChasePlane would be better and I'd actually be able to use this thing unlike Ezdok.. I can't.. I just can't get on with it.. I can't configure it to just allow me to move around the flightdeck like I can with the default view system i.e. mouse wheel zoom.. hold space to move.. it's just too complicated to setup and I can't get used to it.  I like the external view stuff, but it's just not worth it if I have to sacrifice my in flight deck experience.

Can someone tell me how to uninstall it?  I've selected uninstall.. that didn't work.. I had to find the program in taskmanager.. and kill it.. then it worked.. now when I load P3D chase plane views are still options and my zoom is now notchy.. If I have to I'll load an old image.. but I'd rather not.. Can someone give me the instructions please..  sorry folks.. best of luck.. but Chaseplane is just not for me.

Cheers

Craig

• Like 1

Craig Read, EGLL

Just delete your camera.cfg file, P3d will build a new one the next time you start it  or run the EZCA-Configurator and let it do its job, this will fix your issue.

Regards, Lars

• Upvote 1

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

[...] I had high hopes that ChasePlane would be better and I'd actually be able to use this thing unlike Ezdok.. I can't.. [...] sorry folks.. best of luck.. but Chaseplane is just not for me.

You are aware this is an Alpha, right?

If you aren't voicing your opinions, we cannot make it better.

As Lars mentioned, simply remove the cameras.cfg file in your %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder and you're good to go!

Best Regards,

Keven

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I am aware that it is an alpha yes. I just can't get on with it, I know many can and love these sorts of programs. I know how popular ezdok was and I have no doubt for those users this is a big improvement, but I struggled with that before this came along and I am having similar frustrations with this.

Don't misinterpret chaseplane not being for me, or what I have written as a review for it being 'bad', that's a generalisation I'm not prepared to make and I wouldn't say that... I personally spent a lot of time with it (more than ezdok that's for sure) trying to "get used to it" but I am so used to the standard view system functions (in the flight deck) that I just see anything like this as a hinderance... personally if Chaseplane did nothing inside the cockpit, but offered external view only... I'd use it, but it doesn't.. maybe in the future it will and I will revisit..

Love your fsfx immersion stuff btw... make sure you do the fslabs when it is in p3d ;)

Best of luck

Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

We will have a series of interactive tutorials in v1.0,

I highly suggest you have a look at those once v1.0 is released!

But I understand such a software is not made for everyone  :smile:

Best Regards,

Keven

• Like 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42