Sign in to follow this  
saverio mangione

PMDG licences

Hi,

I'm running FSX and lately it's been crushing 8 times out of 10 making my sim experience a real nightmare

I own a lot of addons among which PMDG 747 400/800, 737 NGX and 777. Im seriously thinking of prepare3d but I also know that my licences are only to be used for FSX. Isn't there a way to pay just for the difference and change those licenses for use with prepar3d rather than loosing something like 200 $ or even more to buy them back?

Thanks for any suggestion you'd provide me with

Regards

Saverio Mangione

For what I know, you need to rebuy them because its a completely different product by a different company. What I would do if I were you is buy the steam edition --> never had a crash and I have Tons and tons of addons.

For what I know, you need to rebuy them because its a completely different product by a different company. What I would do if I were you is buy the steam edition --> never had a crash and I have Tons and tons of addons.

Thanks a lot DragoB. I think I'll make a try. :-)

Hi DragoB, I've got plenty of addons for FSX Acceleration Pack. Can softwares such as Pro ATC/X, REX texture direct + soft clouds, mega airports Aerosoft, Ultimate traffic 2, RAAS, SIMStarter NG, FS2Crew, and so on be installed into the steam edition?

Thanks a lot

Saverio Mangione

PMDG have the best simulated systems and best flight models that they dont need to offer any upgrade prices because flight simmers will buy their products no matter what price tag they set on their products.

PMDG have the best simulated systems and best flight models that they dont need to offer any upgrade prices because flight simmers will buy their products no matter what price tag they set on their products.

Be careful with that statement, it only applies within reason as determined by us the consumers.

spacer.png

Hi Mario, sure and I love them so much that having to throw them into the dustbin simply becouse unusable with a new platform will refrain me from abandoning FSX in favor of Prepare3d

Mine was simply a question. What lies behind the hard work PMDG developers do (and with great results) and the technical issues my request implies is a simple lack of knowledge from my side.

Thanks s lot for your reply anyway

Saverio Mangione

Hi DragoB, I've got plenty of addons for FSX Acceleration Pack. Can softwares such as Pro ATC/X, REX texture direct + soft clouds, mega airports Aerosoft, Ultimate traffic 2, RAAS, SIMStarter NG, FS2Crew, and so on be installed into the steam edition?

Thanks a lot

Hi Saverio,

Just to let you know, all the addons you mentioned will indeed work in FSX:SE

Not everyone. I moved to P3D 6 months ago, and I haven't repurchased the T7. And in all honesty, I don't intend to either. I have no problem with PMDG's policy. It's not like they try to deceive anyone. They clearly state that both licences are will be separate prices. My reason for not buying it again is because I simply can't afford to.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks a lot

Yes :)!

Yes you do have to repurchase the licenses to use PMDG models in P3D and there is not a way to pay an upgrade fee

And that's  why I kept my FSX-SE with my PMDG collection if I want to fly them I just use FSX-SE. 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I got the FSX:SE and that was a big upgrade from FSX box. Slightly faster, better FPS. Mem handling is a lot better, it is releasing mem=VAS increase when taking off from Mega airports. Could also increase some settings and still have same FPS, around 30 whole time.

They have recompiled FSX with new librarys so it works better in Win7 and up. Old FSX box was compiled with old Win95-98 librarys. They also fixed the mem eating problem by re-writing some of the

mem handling. Have shipped out several new versions and it did get better for each one.

HIGHMEMFIX is obsolete. Forget AffinityMask, it only create troubles for FSX:SE. I deleted it and it ran a lot better and smoother. Maybe you need WideViewAspect, I have it. Not sure if it does anything.

So start FSX:SE without any fsx.cfg so it will create a brand new one. And add one tweak at the time, if you have to. But try to stay away of tweaks.

I did get FSX:SE for only 7Euro !? Yes, one of the discounts steam sometimes have. All addons I had for FSX box work without any problem.

Have not seen any OOM yet. Completely gone.

Per W Sweden

I got the FSX:SE and that was a big upgrade from FSX box. Slightly faster, better FPS. Mem handling is a lot better, it is releasing mem=VAS increase when taking off from Mega airports. Could also increase some settings and still have same FPS, around 30 whole time.

They have recompiled FSX with new librarys so it works better in Win7 and up. Old FSX box was compiled with old Win95-98 librarys. They also fixed the mem eating problem by re-writing some of the

mem handling. Have shipped out several new versions and it did get better for each one.

HIGHMEMFIX is obsolete. Forget AffinityMask, it only create troubles for FSX:SE. I deleted it and it ran a lot better and smoother. Maybe you need WideViewAspect, I have it. Not sure if it does anything.

So start FSX:SE without any fsx.cfg so it will create a brand new one. And add one tweak at the time, if you have to. But try to stay away of tweaks.

I did get FSX:SE for only 7Euro !? Yes, one of the discounts steam sometimes have. All addons I had for FSX box work without any problem.

Have not seen any OOM yet. Completely gone.

PerWel

My setup went like yours, no problems. I did install Steam Edition along side FSX boxed. frames not that good! When I installed the free Win 10 i decided to install a Steam copy of FSX. Had a new clean registry. I was a little surprised to see the FSX folders named FSX, NOT FSX-SE. The sim runs much better and the frames are much better it's as smooth as butter. No stutters or any other problems. Never did suffer from OOM's but I never had much for addon's until now. Installed ASN, soft clouds, GSX, and run Aivlasoft EFB on two machines. No problems at  all!

BaldyB

A big thank you to everyone who joined this discussion and helped me take the wisest decision: I'll be moving to steam Just a piece of advise: do you think I'd better uninstall the box version before installing steam?

Ciao from Italy

Saverio Mangione

A big thank you to everyone who joined this discussion and helped me take the wisest decision: I'll be moving to steam Just a piece of advise: do you think I'd better uninstall the box version before installing steam?

Ciao from Italy

Definitely uninstall it. There will be less chance of conflict. They are pretty much the same sim anyway, with some improvements to the Steam version. There's no reason to have both on your system.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough