Sign in to follow this  
Xyligo

FSToolkit - Free toolset for P3D, FSX and eventually X-Plane

featured.jpg

So this is FSToolkit a FREE all-in-one for FSX, P3D and eventually Xplane. Its early days, only been developing for about 4-5 days tops. I'm now close to getting an alpha into the wild and could do with some thoughts and ideas on where to take it next. It will be open sourced in the near future. It uses FSUIPC and XPUIPC. Some basic testing has worked with X-plane 10 but doesn't offer anywhere near the functionality it does with FSX/P3D at the moment. 

Have a basic website up at http://fstoolkit.xyligo.co.uk for tracking development. I will also be livestreaming the development and testing - probably online later tonight and a few other nights this week at https://twitch.tv/xyligo and finally heres a video of an earlier build - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M-dn2_WYnc

Features – In and functional

• Streamer Settings – Output various pieces of Data to text files for use in Xsplit/OBS
    • Airspeed (IAS)
    • Heading
    • Lat/Lon
    • Vertical Speed (ft/m)
    • Altitude
    • Last Landing Rate (ft/m)
  • VATSIM METAR Lookup – Get the latest METAR from VATSIM for an ICAO.
  • Process Monitoring – Monitor the Prepar3D process from Windows metrics and FSUIPC reporting along with UI responsiveness.
  • Webserver – Outputs various pieces of information in JSON format for feeding into your own Web Apps.
  • Approach Practice – Position your aircraft on approach to any airport in Prepar3d at different ranges and heights.
  • STARS – Position your aircraft at the first fix of a STAR at custom distance and altitude to practice star approaches.
  • Landing Report – Tracks various metrics about your approach and upon landing will give you a report and store the information in graph. Able to record multiple approaches and overlays them on the supplied charts. 
  • Weather – Build and send a SimConnect METAR to the sim, customise wind speed, specific heading or variable heading, gust speed, visibility and weather conditions. Add 2 cloud layers (3 soon)
  • Time – Set custom sim time or sync it with the local system.
  • WideFS Ready – Run FSToolkit on a seperate computer or windows tablet and connect to your sim with WideFS.
  • Basic Failures – Currently supports basic engine failures – upto 4 engines.

Features – Coming Soon

• Failures
  • Settings Snapshotting – Save settings to quickload scenarios
  • Landing Rating – Get graded on landings
  • Configure aircraft for an approach
  • Pushback system
  • METAR Decoder (Should be in for release)
  • Send Real METAR to sim
  • More stuff. Tell me what you want to see in FSToolkit.
  • RNAV Approach Support
  • X-Plane 10 & XPUIPC Support

AtWJxoV.png
ydxiS9d.png
xtxxEjj.png
haS52FU.png

The project will be open sourced eventually, just want to get some feedback and traction on it. I'm looking for input on what features people want to see in here as well as sanity checking the terminology i'm using as I'm very much a rookie sim pilot.

• Upvote 3

Thanks' for working on this project.

I like it it will help refine my skill for landing and is planty of data to check.

It would be nice to have the landing rate visible all the way from approach to touchdown  directly on the P3D windows as you can view with FSUIPC.

Another thing is wind compensation on cross wind could help to learn.

Look forward

Your work is terrific, and I'm sure everyone in the community appreciates all your time, research and effort.

What talented freeware developers do for us always impresses me my friend!

One addition:  Graph for VAS usage over the flight, and if possible tie it into various files that load during the flight?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Your work is terrific, and I'm sure everyone in the community appreciates all your time, research and effort.

What talented freeware developers do for us always impresses me my friend!

One addition:  Graph for VAS usage over the flight, and if possible tie it into various files that load during the flight?

Thanks for your kind words, I will look at the VAS graphing as that shouldn't be too much trouble. I'll investigate a way to look at the files loaded through the flight too, i could certainly pull in some events and flag those on the graph, so pause/unpauses, weather changes etc.

I was just looking for a method of editing the topic as i've just published the first public alpha version. You can grab it here - http://fstoolkit.xyligo.co.uk/get/

Once it has matured a bit I will get it submitted to the AVSIM Library.

This looks fantastic.

+1 for a Vas Graph could be very useful.

A link to the Fsx.cfg maybe useful as well.

Love the approach practice...

Hamish

A link to the Fsx.cfg maybe useful as well.

VAS Graph is on the todo list now. Ill look at a way to view/edit and save the configs through FSToolkit too, if that is going to be beneficial.

Just pushed out build 0.1.0.11 which includes the requested VAS Monitor

Does this have an offline mode or is it sending info to an external server?

Jay

It will work fine offline, you only need to connect for installation and updates. If an update is released it will just update the next time you have a connection.

There is no "phone home" code in there.

Nice project!!! Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Its now been updated to 0.1.0.15 and has numerous improvements. Better support for FSX, P3D and basic support for X-Plane. Automatic generation of the runways file along with a load of performance improvements. There is a changelog on the settings page with more details.

Hoping to have the Landing Grading system in next!