Sign in to follow this  
C525B

C441 start procedure video

Ken,

Thanks for the info. I have the Flysimware version also and in fact, about to load up the v1.9. Do you have 441 time?

LP

Ken,

Thanks for the info. I have the Flysimware version also and in fact, about to load up the v1.9. Do you have 441 time?

LP

No I do not. Biggest Cessna I flew was the 340. 

Les,

Recommending an Alabeo or Carnado product is a slippery slope. Understand that Alabeo and Carenado do one thing great, exceptional aircraft models with high quality gorgeous textures. The Alabeo Cessna 441 Conquest is no exception meeting the high quality of standards in this regard. 

However, once you get past how photogenic the aircraft is and start to fly her the typical warts start to show. Numerous switches and buttons that flip and do nothing, incorrect systems logic, and errors in the Flight Dynamics. Even when Alabeo does its patches I seriously doubt it will ever reach the systems and flight modeling experience of the Flysimware version.  Since the C441 is an analog gauge airplane without complicated glass displays the breakdown in systems only comes when you really dig into how the airplane is suppose to react. 

If you are a kick the tires and light the fires type of person then this may be the perfect version of the 441. However, if you are looking for accurate response and detailed systems then you may want to go for the ugly duckling (flysimware.) 

IMHO this is a gap filler airplane for someone with a fleet of turboprops. It represents the best of big Cessna twins from back in the 1970s. This is no modern B350i or B250 with lots of glass. This is more about watching analog dials and managing the airplane. She can and will quickly run away from you.

Ken,

You are 100% correct on your assessment of Alabeo/Carenado sir.  I think if others realized this, then maybe their frustration levels wouldn't be so deep.  Am I saying they shouldn't be frustrated what Alabeo/Carendo do in their aircraft???  No, I'm not saying that.  What I am however saying is once you realize what you're going to get with one of their planes, you realize you've got what you got.  

So what do you get with their aircraft?  You're going to get something that looks pretty, they're going to stick the same two guys behind the controls( whether a small trainer or fast biz jet), you're not going to get realistic sounds and you're going to get a buggy plane.  I truly believe their strategy is to cater to the flight sim enthusiast, not the real world pilot. They churn em and burn em.  They crank them out and for the most part,  we flight sim enthusiast pick them up.  If you're a hard core, by the book type of guy that wants to improve your real life flying skills or interested in picking up one of their planes to develop your flying skills, it just won't happen.  There are times  I truly want to hone my flying skills( I am a real world pilot).  That's when I know it's time to crank up something from A2A Simulations, PMDG, Majestic, Milviz, etc.  Then there are times that I just want to jump in and go and "pretend" I'm following the correct procedures.  That's when I pick up  Alabeo/Carendo.  Yes, they are pretty but they're not the real deal.

Do I think Alabeo/Carenado will ever do it 100% right?  I'm doubtful for several reasons.  Number one is with all of the releases they have to date, not much has changed.  I'm also not sure if they have the technical resources\ knowledge to do it.  There are tons of guys on these exact forums that have the ability to make them better.  Unfortunately those are the guys making their planes better.  Also, I have yet to see them chime in here to respond to any of the problems their customers are experiencing.  Look at the folks at A2A, Orbx, and all the others offering top notch products.  They have their own dedicated forums and they're in the mix with their customer base because they only want to be known as Top Quality.

Please understand.  I am not bashing Alabeo/Carendo.  I have just about every plane they've made to date.  Their models are pretty and they're reasonably priced.  I just now have come to the realization that you're going to get a decent plane at best, but never a great plane. We all know the guys that strive to do it right 100% of the time and we also know the guys that will give plenty of models to fly, but not necessarily fly right.  But they sure are pretty to look at!!

Gary

• Upvote 1